UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Jan 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #61 of 981
Using an indelible ink marker pen would win you more kudos or even better, how about having a facial tattoo?!? :wink_face:

I'm going to make sure that one guy who does this is me.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #64 of 981
We hope to have the forthcoming Audeze EL-8 and Deckard DAC/amp at the meet subject to confirmation from Scull Communications - Audeze's PR Company.

There's already a lot on Head-Fi about the EL-8 but the Deckard DAC/amp seems to have slipped under the radar. This info from Scull Communications Press Release this morning at 09:08 GMT.

Audeze Deckard DAC/Headphone Amplifier

The slim-chassis Deckard, also designed by BMW Group DesignworksUSA, is a powerhouse in a small, elegant package. The class-A circuitry in the Deckard drives Audeze or any other headphones extremely well. The internal DAC has impressive specs and handles 16- to 32-bits and sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 384kHz. There are front-panel switches for three gain settings and input (USB and Analog) as well as a smoothly-functioning volume control. The headphone output is standard quarter-inch, and the Deckard also functions as a line level preamp - just add some powered speakers and you have a great desktop audio system.
The sound is exciting, punchy, wideband with just the right amount of tonal color to make the experience come alive. The bass is outstanding, tight and well-controlled, the midrange wide open and colorful, the highs extended and sweet, never harsh or thin. MSRP: $699.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #65 of 981
Edit:  This was supposed to be a reply directed at Toxic Cables but not seeing anything here to make that explicit :).

Happy New Year!

Thanks for all your support on the meetup.  I really appreciate people supporting the community like this.

Quick question re cables.  I have a D7000 and an Ultrasone Pro 900.  The Ultrasone needs a new cable and I'd prefer to upgrade it instead of just buying the replacement stock cable they sell (http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/uk/cable/45-ultrasone-pro-550-.html).  Is that something you offer? 

I'm also curious if anyone has tried out the D7000 with any other cables and if it's worth investing in?  I think the stock cable is really good but I don't have much to compare it to and as it's hard wired it's not as easy to try out different ones.

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #66 of 981
No problem, but best send Frank a PM too, as he might not read your post.

Just to reiterate, please PM Frank requesting any cables that you'd like to demo at the meet. Incidentally, a full list of currently available cables can be seen by clicking on the Toxic Cables graphic/logo in post 24. 

Quote:
  Edit:  This was supposed to be a reply directed at Toxic Cables but not seeing anything here to make that explicit :).

Happy New Year!

Thanks for all your support on the meetup.  I really appreciate people supporting the community like this.

Quick question re cables.  I have a D7000 and an Ultrasone Pro 900.  The Ultrasone needs a new cable and I'd prefer to upgrade it instead of just buying the replacement stock cable they sell (http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/uk/cable/45-ultrasone-pro-550-.html).  Is that something you offer? 

I'm also curious if anyone has tried out the D7000 with any other cables and if it's worth investing in?  I think the stock cable is really good but I don't have much to compare it to and as it's hard wired it's not as easy to try out different ones.

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #68 of 981
subbed... Andy I'll reply to your pm later mate, put Fortis's ZX1 down on the equipment list if he don't let you have his (you know how tight fisted these Spurs fans are), I'll send you mine which could actually be the ZX2 if it's released in time.... good  luck with this Andy.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #69 of 981
Good man.  
beerchug.gif

Those Spurs fans are notoriously parsimonious, unlike Owls supporters who are known to be generous and erudite. Ha ha ha.*  
wink_face.gif

*For the non-football supporters, Spurs refers to Tottenham Hotspur F.C. and the Owls is a reference to Sheffield Wednesday F.C. 

Quote:
  subbed... Andy I'll reply to your pm later mate, put Fortis's ZX1 down on the equipment list if he don't let you have his (you know how tight fisted these Spurs fans are), I'll send you mine which could actually be the ZX2 if it's released in time.... good  luck with this Andy.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #71 of 981
Perhaps a head-fi member from London could give you a lift to the meet if you share the fuel costs?
I don't know of any London based audio clubs, but then I'm resident in deepest, darkest Norfolk. :wink:

Hi all, pretty new to all this. would like to make this cambridge meet, but expense may prove a problem.

Are there any London HP clubs or anything of that nature?

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #72 of 981
Perhaps a head-fi member from London could give you a lifting to the meet if you share the fuel costs?
I don't know of any London based audio clubs, but then I'm resident in deepest, darkest Norfolk. :wink:

Hi, i found a meet in london at the end of this month thanks to the speedy efficiancy of head-fi.

Good idea on the fuel sharing.

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #74 of 981
Raffle update

Yes that's right, you could win a fashionable Denon glasses case in the meet raffle!

Only kidding, as it's actually a Denon Envaya Bluetooth Speaker - http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/bluetooth/bluetoothspeakers/dsb200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back