UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Dec 30, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #31 of 981
Thanks to Mr.Toxicity himself, the ever generous Frank for supporting the UK Head-Fi community by co-sponsoring our event. 

Just to reiterate, please PM Frank requesting any cables that you'd like to demo at the meet. Incidentally, a full list of currently available cables is available by clicking on the Toxic Cables graphic/logo in post 24. 

Quote:
  Thanks Andy for organizing the meet and giving us the opportunity to co sponsor it, as with you previous one.

If anyone wants a certain cable to try, just let me know.

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #34 of 981
Very happy to be jointly organising this meet with my buddy Mark (pedalhead).

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #35 of 981
Good to see Andy, good to see :)

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #36 of 981
Excellent to see this!  Andy kindly PM'd me to let me know this is happening.  I missed the London one and have been waiting for people to organise another.

I'm definitely in for this.  I'll be bringing along the Icon Audio HP8 MKII valve amp and an assortment of valves, a Musical Fidelity V-DAC II and Denon D7000 headphones.  I've got the basic Geek Pulse on its way as well, my 'portable' phones are Ultrasone 900 so they'll be coming with me, and by that time I will have another DAP.  The screen on my X3 broke so need to get a replacement. Recommendations on that welcome :).

Dec 31, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #37 of 981
  Excellent to see this!  Andy kindly PM'd me to let me know this is happening.  I missed the London one and have been waiting for people to organise another.

I'm definitely in for this.  I'll be bringing along the Icon Audio HP8 MKII valve amp and an assortment of valves, a Musical Fidelity V-DAC II and Denon D7000 headphones.  I've got the basic Geek Pulse on its way as well, my 'portable' phones are Ultrasone 900 so they'll be coming with me, and by that time I will have another DAP.  The screen on my X3 broke so need to get a replacement. Recommendations on that welcome :).

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the party 
biggrin.gif
 . Great to see a good British amp like the Icon HP8 making an appearance. That'll definitely be on my "must hear" list.  Thanks!

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #40 of 981
Very nice addition to the meet raffle prizes...

... a Tisbury Audio Challenge Amp 1 - http://www.tisburyaudio.co.uk/products - which will be available to demo before being raffled. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #42 of 981
Happy New year to all, good to hear there will be a UK meet this year....

I am hoping to make this for sure, will know at a later date, but if I do attend I will bring along what's on my sig below, I will probably be the dozenth person to be bringing along a Chord Hugo!

If parking is immediate to the facility I could if requested  by anyone who is interested on the day bring along an Oppo BDP-105 (purely for cd playback as wont have a screen for outputting any pictures) with a Chord Indigo plus digital coax for cd playback on this player (or usb pen drive music) through their gear or simply try the on board HP out also. 

Really hope to make it as some of the gear that will be there looks very interesting.

Anyone taking their Grado PS1000 in either the old or new version? as this is on my short list with Beyer T5p/T1?, LCD3 currently or anything else tangible on the day!

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #45 of 981
Hi Andy,

Many thanks for the PM to alert me of this.

I've been spending more time listening to music than scanning the forums recently.

Hugo and Roxannes are my fave setup at the moment but will bring a selection of headphones for all to try (Ultrasone Ed9 & 10, Denon 7k, AT ESW10JPN and others).

Looking forward to making this one as it is almost on my doorstep!

Regards

Sceptre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back