UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Sep 17, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #1,366 of 1,381
Quote:
A big thankyou to Andy and family for such a great meet. Fabulous array of gear to drool over, who would have thought, TWO yes TWO BHSE amps!

Thought Mr.Q had brought a cocktail cabinet with him till i realised it was a vintage marantz amp.

Had a good listen to Justin's (Just audio) new offerings and they sounded fantastic. First rate workmanship shoehorned into such small enclosures.

Many thanks to Frank (Toxic cables) for sending a box of cables to try.

More impressions to come as i get my thoughts together. Great to see some of the fellow meet veterans and many new faces too.

It must be my turn to win a raffle prize at the next meet
cool.gif

Well I needed a drink after dragging it back up the stairs again. Next time it's a portable rig
tongue.gif

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #1,367 of 1,381
Guys,

One of you that demoed the Cavalli Liquid Lightning & Stax combo left a gold coloured CD with Mark Dolbear. If you'd like it back please PM me the artist and your address.

Cheers,

Andy.

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,368 of 1,381
Glad everyone seems to have had a good time. Genuinely gutted to have missed out this year. Also wanted to say hi to Mr.Q and thank him for all his awesome work over in the "What Are You Listening To Right Now" forum. Oh well.

Here's to me turning up next year!

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #1,369 of 1,381
Quote:
Glad everyone seems to have had a good time. Genuinely gutted to have missed out this year. Also wanted to say hi to Mr.Q and thank him for all his awesome work over in the "What Are You Listening To Right Now" forum. Oh well.

Here's to me turning up next year!

Shame you didn't make it. It would have been interesting to hear the tunes you would bring. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #1,372 of 1,381
firstly I think a big thank-you should be given to Andy for organizing the 'Head-Fi Meet', from a personal point of view Andy was a pleasure to deal with and should be the go-to man for help organising future events as his experience would be invaluable.

I wanted to go but we just couldn't get there to spend a reasonable time looking & listening to equipment, a hour or so would not of been enough.

Well done Andy for such a stirling effort.

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,373 of 1,381
Charity update

Guys there's a nice little piece on the Cambridgeshire Deaf Association website -  http://www.cambsdeaf.org/ - acknowledging the donation of £1,150 raised from the meet. 

Well done chaps!

Cheers,

Andy.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,377 of 1,381
Hi Andy
Do you know of any person in the UK who has a Headamp Blue Hawaii/Stax SR-009 or similar electro combo that I could get to demo?
If you have any names or could introduce me,I would be very appreciative.
Thanks
David

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #1,378 of 1,381
I have a BHSE and 007 Mk1.

Another attendee at the Cambrigdeshire event was another David (with something like 1961 after his name) - if you search this thread you should find some of his posts.
Anyway, he does have a BHSE/009, but I have no idea if he's interested in more meets.

I'm open for a mini meet, but Essex is too far away for me - I live in South Gloucestershire.

FWIW, I tried Dave's 009's at the Cambridgeshire meet and liked them a lot - rather like my 007's but with more detail. But becuase I have an allergy to brightness, I'm in no rush to change my darker sounding 007's.

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #1,379 of 1,381
Hi 'TheAttorney'
Thanks for that,I've already contacted this David and arranged a meet-also had another 'invite' so making progress.
The BHSE/009 combo seems to invoke comments from both end of the spectrum.
It appears (again) conducting any a/b tests is not going to easy( probably impossible in this Country?) but I want to try and avoid what I (and it appears , others)have done in the past and bought 'blind'.
You mention the 'brightness' word , much used when describing this combo, doesn't bode well !!??
I would most certainly like to demo your BHSE/007 combo if that's possible-possibly in the New Year ?
I prefer to do these demos (as much as possible) in private rather than large 'meets'.If there is any other owners of such equipment who would facilitate such a test,I would be very grateful.

Thank you
David

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #1,380 of 1,381
  The BHSE/009 combo seems to invoke comments from both end of the spectrum.
You mention the 'brightness' word , much used when describing this combo, doesn't bode well !!??
I'm not describing the BHSE/009 as bright, as I haven't heard this combination sufficiently. IMO the BHSE is neutral, and can be fine tuned by different tubes, cables, power cords etc.
I was merely saying that, due to my allergy, I'm in no rush to drop the 007, but I'd still love to try the 009 in a private setting.

I would most certainly like to demo your BHSE/007 combo if that's possible-possibly in the New Year ?
I prefer to do these demos (as much as possible) in private rather than large 'meets'.If there is any other owners of such equipment who would facilitate such a test,I would be very grateful.
I agree. Large meets are great to pick up ideas, but not for making conclusive judgements. I could do a very small meet at my home, up to 4 people would be about right, particularly if one of them brings an 009 :xf_eek:)
Not sure how best to arrange it - I guess a bout of PMing would do the trick. If Gloucestershire seems like is a bit of a hike, then in compensation I live in a cute Cotswold village, with a pub and a number of hotels and B&Bs all within walking distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back