UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Sep 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,231 of 1,381
Toxic Cables - product list

Right guys Frank has a comprehensive list of his cables, so please PM him if you'd like a copy and he'll send it to you.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #1,233 of 1,381
Quote:
Yes please... does it include his IEM cables though as that's what I'd be interested in and his website hasn't got those up yet?

Sure, i will send the IEM cables along, any preference on termination.

Unfortunately my site does not have most things on it, new site is currently under development, so anything you would like me to send along, please PM me or post here.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,234 of 1,381
Cheers fella. I should, hopefully, have my Futuresonics MG6 Pros with me for the meet - they're currently being produced so I'd like to think I'll have them by the 15th. I believe these just use the regular JH/Westone type connecters and you probably know as you've done Kunlun some for his review and he was using the MG6 Pros.

Quote:
Sure, i will send the IEM cables along, any preference on termination.

Unfortunately my site does not have most things on it, new site is currently under development, so anything you would like me to send along, please PM me or post here.

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #1,235 of 1,381
Quote:
Cheers fella. I should, hopefully, have my Futuresonics MG6 Pros with me for the meet - they're currently being produced so I'd like to think I'll have them by the 15th. I believe these just use the regular JH/Westone type connecters and you probably know as you've done Kunlun some for his review and he was using the MG6 Pros.

The MG6 Pros do fit the cable, look forward to hearing what you think of the cables.

Anyone else, please PM me with what you would like me to send, and i will make sure to send it to Andy.

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #1,236 of 1,381
Guys,

Thought I'd moot the possibility of having an `audio mart' at the meet whereby sellers leave equipment on a table with an asking price. Potential purchasers could then approach the seller, ask to listen to the kit and then buy it or haggle! 

This would be easy to set up and wouldn't detract from the meet. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Andy. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,237 of 1,381
Hi Andy,

Great idea!

Also I would like to add I can bring my FIIO E10 and E17 (I know you already have some people bringing some but I can also bring mine)

Also i can bring my Westone UM3X rc. I only have custom tips for these so people would have to have universals to try them out?

Cheers

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #1,239 of 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thought I'd moot the possibility of having an `audio mart' at the meet whereby sellers leave equipment on a table with an asking price. Potential purchasers could then approach the seller, ask to listen to the kit and then buy it or haggle! 

This would be easy to set up and wouldn't detract from the meet. Any thoughts?

I thought we were doing that already?  Are there any licensing issues with selling stuff there, or are we fine because none of it is commercial?

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #1,240 of 1,381
Hi Andy(& others)
To those who answered my question(s) re high end Amps to partner my LCD3s,I've now bought (from an owner in the UK) a Ray Samuels B-52. (With some serious upgrade tubes!!)
Not only in the UK but previously used with LCD3s and for Classical Music!!(something about" pig in s..t" comes to mind!!)
Clearly the Headphone scene has moved on in the UK!!
I would dearly love to be at the meet on Saturday but have now been invited to my Best Man's 60th.
Perhaps next year.Thanks again,David

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #1,241 of 1,381
Stormfriend,

Can't imagine there are any licensing issues as really it's just like buying something from a jumble sale or village fete. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

I thought we were doing that already?  Are there any licensing issues with selling stuff there, or are we fine because none of it is commercial?

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,242 of 1,381
David,

Congratulations as the RSA B-52 is a fine piece of equipment. You'll enjoy many an hour luxuriating in it's lush musicality. If you fancy a spot of tube rolling Steve from Mullard Magic - http://www.mullardmagic.co.uk/mullard/default.aspx - is very knowledgeable about all things thermionic and is a nice guy too.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Hi Andy(& others)
To those who answered my question(s) re high end Amps to partner my LCD3s,I've now bought (from an owner in the UK) a Ray Samuels B-52. (With some serious upgrade tubes!!)
Not only in the UK but previously used with LCD3s and for Classical Music!!(something about" pig in s..t" comes to mind!!)
Clearly the Headphone scene has moved on in the UK!!
I would dearly love to be at the meet on Saturday but have now been invited to my Best Man's 60th.
Perhaps next year.Thanks again,David

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #1,243 of 1,381
Meet equipment update

Hybrid headphone amplifiers are becoming increasingly popular as combining the dynamics of solid state with the lush musicality of valves makes for a potentially beguiling combination if both technologies are implemented sympathetically. 

Cary Audio have just released the HH-1 headphone amplifier - http://caryaudio.com/products/classic/HH-1.html - and we'll have one of the first units imported into the UK at the meet. But... this amp has been upgraded by Drew from Moon Audio and has better valves and a much higher spec volume pot.  

I'll be running the HH-1 in over the next week and expect it to sound awesome. So do make sure that you demo this amp!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,244 of 1,381
Quote:
Meet equipment update

Hybrid headphone amplifiers are becoming increasingly popular as combining the dynamics of solid state with the lush musicality of valves makes for a potentially beguiling combination if both technologies are implemented sympathetically. 

Cary Audio have just released the HH-1 headphone amplifier - http://caryaudio.com/products/classic/HH-1.html - and we'll have one of the first units imported into the UK at the meet. But... this amp has been upgraded by Drew from Moon Audio and has better valves and a much higher spec volume pot.  

I'll be running the HH-1 in over the next week and expect it to sound awesome. So do make sure that you demo this amp!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Nice looking piece of kit, on my list to try.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #1,245 of 1,381
Raffle prize update

A boxed pair of AKG 701 headphones have been donated NOS. Apparently these are quite an old version of this veritable model that were languishing on a warehouse shelf. They cannot be sold as new - even though the box is sealed and cellophane wrapped - so they've been donated to the meet raffle.

Cheers,

Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back