UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Sep 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #1,217 of 1,381
Quote:
Sorry you can't make it Sceptre. It caused a wow at the last meet when you turned up with a case full of top goodies.

That's very kind Alvin Sawdust.  I had bought a few pieces since then but alas, I shall have to wait for the next meet, though it could hardly be better than this one which Andrew has put his heart , soul and wallet into!
Quote:
Uhh! It's sad to know that you won't be there Sceptre. Have a good time with your other commitment and I think I'll miss the Sonosax audition for sure.

Vkvedam.
I know you were keen to purchase one and wanted very much to hear it. PM me to arrange a loan.
Quote:
Sceptre,

We can always have a mini-meet for folks in East Anglia who fancy an informal get together sometime.

Cheers,

Andy. 

I'm always up for that but don't distract yourself from this event.  Give yourself a rest and we'll speak in October.  I know you have some kit I am keen to audition.

Regards
Sceptre

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #1,218 of 1,381
Sceptre,

We'll definitely arrange something informal for October/November in a nice hostelry. 

I might be able to borrow a Sonosax but know nothing about the input/source required, so Vkvedam would have to be conversant with it's operation. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Qso should be uote:
That's very kind Alvin Sawdust.  I had bought a few pieces since then but alas, I shall have to wait for the next meet, though it could hardly be better than this one which Andrew has put his heart , soul and wallet into!
Vkvedam.
I know you were keen to purchase one and wanted very much to hear it. PM me to arrange a loan.
I'm always up for that but don't distract yourself from this event.  Give yourself a rest and we'll speak in October.  I know you have some kit I am keen to audition.

Regards
Sceptre

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #1,219 of 1,381
Guys,

I have been doing some consulting with an American company and my contact is an audio nut, so when I mentioned the forthcoming meet he insisted on sending some product over for attendees to sample.

So... organic lollipops anyone? http://www.yummyearth.com/ Yummy Earth are shipping some lollipops and other sweets for us to enjoy. I'll pop some in a bowl and folks can help themselves free of charge - don't be greedy now!

popcorn.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

P.S. Organising this event gets more surreal by the minute! 

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #1,220 of 1,381
Is there anybody out there listening to top quality Classical recordings on Headphones?I would like the opportunity to speak.Particularly users of The Dark Star,Balancing Act or similar quality balanced Amps.Thanks. David

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #1,221 of 1,381
David,

You'll probably get a better response to your question by posting it as a new thread topic, as the amps that you've mentioned are built in the USA and prohibitively expensive to import over here, therefore I'd suggest that most are purchased by American audiophiles who are unlikely to be reading a thread about a UK meet!

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Is there anybody out there listening to top quality Classical recordings on Headphones?I would like the opportunity to speak.Particularly users of The Dark Star,Balancing Act or similar quality balanced Amps.Thanks. David

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #1,222 of 1,381
Yes I do but not dynamic headphones that much. Have very broad tastes in music which also includes classical in most forms, Opera and Jazz 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mainly a very long time electrostats user, (Stax, Jecklin, Sennheiser) as mostly dynamics just dont live up to my expectations.  Use a few others such as the Sen HD800, Audeze (both of which can be used balanced or se) and Sony.  If you go to the meet it looks like the BHSE amp and Stax 007/009's will be there which should be a must hear if you are into the classics.
PM me if you want to chat further.

Quote:

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #1,223 of 1,381
The great thing is that there'll be TWO Headamp BHSE and a Cavalli Liquid Lightning at the meet, so high end stuff that pairs wonderfully well with electrostatic headphones.

Cheers,

Andy.

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,226 of 1,381
David,

There will be at least 7 high end solid state and valve headphone amplifiers at the meet that I'm aware of, plus the complete Audeze and Stax range of headphones. Additionally you'll have attendees that have re-cabled their Denon, Grado, Sennheiser and other headphones. So a veritable smorgasbord of head-fi treats to demo by anybody's standards.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Andy
I have,no response!!

and in response to 'Complin'

Thanks for your reply but I'm not into Electrostats but if I attend the meet,I'll certainly have a listen.

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,228 of 1,381
Toxic Cableshttp://toxic-cables.co.uk/

As the meet is rapidly approaching it's time to think about what ancillary products attendees would like to audition on the day. Though an aftermarket cable is hardly an ancillary item, Frank (Toxic Cables guru) has requested that you guys indicate which headphone cables from his range that you'd like to audition. 

If you're interested in greatly improving the sonics of your cans, and believe me when I say that Franks cables are outstandingly good and comparatively inexpensive, please peruse the Toxic Cables website and write a thread post stating what cable you're interested in. Please also state which make of headphone you'll be auditioning the cable with.

Frank is one guy working his butt off to fulfill orders and keep prices affordable, so I'll collate the requests and distill them into 4-5 cables - so that Frank isn't making loss leaders and will have a realistic chance of selling the headphone cables.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,230 of 1,381
It might literally be a blast or at least a meltdown if the halls electrics are overloaded by current drain as there's only one socket - though luckily my table is adjacent to the emergency exit!  
basshead.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. Just kidding as it's a new building and has twelve double sockets.

Quote:

Shame i cannot attend, this meet looks like it will be a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back