UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
May 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #571 of 1,381
Antistase,

Assuming interconnect compatibility, virtually any source listed in thread post 1 could be used with the BHSE. 

Do bear in mind that the BHSE will be extremely popular, so it's owner may have to limit attendees time auditioning it so that everyone who wants a listen can do so. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Andy,

I'm only interested in the BHE with the SR007 MK1. Do you know what sources will be used with that? I would like to bring some test program if possible at all.

Thanks.

May 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #572 of 1,381
Guys,

You may recollect that a while ago I posted about a new piece of equipment from Linnenberg Audio. The u:c:a is a headphone amplifier and DAC that uses very high quality components and offers superlative build quality. A precursory internet search relieves that Linnenberg components are extremely well reviewed and offer surprising affordability considering that they're built in Germany. Please check out the u:c:a specifications here - http://www.linnenberg-audio.de/html/u_c_a.html - and note the competitive price of around £1,000. 

Hopefully there will be a u:c:a at the meet for attendees to audition. Front and rear panel photo's for your perusal below.  

Cheers,

Andy. 

May 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #573 of 1,381
Guys,

There'll be an interesting ARCAM related post tomorrow and another raffle prize announcement, so stay tuned and keep posting!

Cheers,

Andy. 

May 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #574 of 1,381
Quote:
Antistase,

Assuming interconnect compatibility, virtually any source listed in thread post 1 could be used with the BHSE. 

Do bear in mind that the BHSE will be extremely popular, so it's owner may have to limit attendees time auditioning it so that everyone who wants a listen can do so. 

As owner of the BHSE (although it hasn't actually arrived yet! ETA June), I won't be bringing any sources with with me. Only the BHSE and O2 Mk1. As a start point, Andy has kindly offered to loan his fine Sony portable CDP. So I'll be bringing some CDs with me to compare how that sounds with my home rig, But I'm hoping that other sources will be available to try - I have no idea how that's going to work out, but maybe someone else with a different source will be interested to try it out.

And of course, I'll want to try out the SR009 - not sure who's bringing that, or what they'll bring with it.

May 29, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #577 of 1,381
Quote:
As owner of the BHSE (although it hasn't actually arrived yet! ETA June), I won't be bringing any sources with with me. Only the BHSE and O2 Mk1. As a start point, Andy has kindly offered to loan his fine Sony portable CDP. So I'll be bringing some CDs with me to compare how that sounds with my home rig, But I'm hoping that other sources will be available to try - I have no idea how that's going to work out, but maybe someone else with a different source will be interested to try it out.

And of course, I'll want to try out the SR009 - not sure who's bringing that, or what they'll bring with it.

I planned to come by train but if if you are interested I can bring my modded CD80 with me (Tentlab clock, all lytics changed, OPA671).

Quote:
Yes please do, recently missed out on a pair and have been looking to hear what electrostatic phones sound like for a while

Ok. The Lambda Pro is in then.

I've an assortment of orthocans. Old stuff so not sure if it really could be of any interest. Stuff like Warfedhale ID1, Sansui SS-100 or Yamaha  HP1.

May 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #578 of 1,381
Quote:
Quote:

I planned to come by train but if if you are interested I can bring my modded CD80 with me (Tentlab clock, all lytics changed, OPA671).

Ok. The Lambda Pro is in then.

I've an assortment of orthocans. Old stuff so not sure if it really could be of any interest. Stuff like Warfedhale ID1, Sansui SS-100 or Yamaha  HP1.

Also about the orthocans... they really need speaker amps to sing right. I can't really bring my 45 Kg SET amp with me so  this makes sens only if a beefy speaker amp is available at the meeting.

May 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #579 of 1,381
Quote:

It's a good offer, but I would say that it would be too much trouble if you're going by train.

With the amount of interest in this meet (well done Andy), I'm sure there will be all sorts of computer based sources that could be tried, and Andy has a CD source covered.

I've not been to one of these meets before, but I'm expecting any comparisons to be not much more than a bit of fun. With the Stax headphones providing very little noise rejection, I can't imagine how any listening session can be conclusive with all that background bustle. At best, it may confirm what is worth further investigation.

May 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #580 of 1,381
Quote:
It's a good offer, but I would say that it would be too much trouble if you're going by train.

With the amount of interest in this meet (well done Andy), I'm sure there will be all sorts of computer based sources that could be tried, and Andy has a CD source covered.

I've not been to one of these meets before, but I'm expecting any comparisons to be not much more than a bit of fun. With the Stax headphones providing very little noise rejection, I can't imagine how any listening session can be conclusive with all that background bustle. At best, it may confirm what is worth further investigation.

Well... let me know if you need my cdp. Unfortunately in my esperience no computer + dac  could even touch from a distance the quality and quantity of sound coming out of top quality cdp.
In short I'm very keen to trying my test cds on your BHE+SR007 MK1 with Andy's cdp if at all possible.
Reel-to-reel Revox anyone at the meeting?

May 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #581 of 1,381
Andy

With your magical persuasive powers, do you think you might be able to get Bryston to send a BHA-1 to the meet for audition
wink_face.gif

May 30, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #583 of 1,381
TheAttorney,

Which one is your BHSE?  
wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

547651_419813758041932_117135098309801_1259534_1921683316_n.jpg

Quote:

May 30, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #584 of 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which one is your BHSE?  
wink_face.gif

Sadly, none of them
frown.gif
. Justin told me, what seems like a month ago, that mine was about to start test, so I sent of the rest of the money. But then he had a temporary hitch and my name is not in the latest published list for the above picture.

I posted last autumn that patience is a virtue when waiting for a BHSE. That's the biggest understatement since Harold of Hastings said he though he had something caught in his eye!

May 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #585 of 1,381
TheAttorney,

Commiserations for the delay. It might not be much consolation, but apparently the BHSE sounds astonishing with STAX headphones, so you are definitely in for a treat when it arrives.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Sadly, none of them
frown.gif
. Justin told me, what seems like a month ago, that mine was about to start test, so I sent of the rest of the money. But then he had a temporary hitch and my name is not in the latest published list for the above picture.

I posted last autumn that patience is a virtue when waiting for a BHSE. That's the biggest understatement since Harold of Hastings said he though he had something caught in his eye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back