UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jun 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #601 of 1,381
Guys,

I'm in communication with a South Korean company about demonstrating their valve headphone amplifier at the meet and hope to have confirmation of this over the weekend. I'm very excited by this as the company are very well regarded in Asia, but are relatively unknown in the occidental world.

More soon...

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #603 of 1,381
alvin sawdust,
Very astute of you to guess correctly. 
L3000.gif

It is the Svetlana 2 with point to point wiring and some NOS valves from Mullard Magic to swap around and audition.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Hey Andy, would that by any chance be the Svetlana 2?

Apparently it is a match made in heaven for AT's

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #605 of 1,381
Equipment update...

I'm pleased to confirm that Analog Design Labs are shipping over their Svetlana 2 headphone amplifier with point-to-point wiring for the meet. 

http://www.analog.co.kr/svetlana2.html

IMGP3285.JPG

Analog Design Lab products are well known in Asia and receive good reviews, but the company is relatively unknown in the occidental world. So this is a good opportunity to listen to their dedicated headphone amp.

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. The link above takes you to the Svetlana 2 specifications page where there are some great photo's of the amps internal components.  

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #606 of 1,381
Raffle update...

I should have another prize to add to the list tomorrow and am just awaiting a confirmatory email from the company. It's a headphone amplifier and DAC that's very popular in Japan but relatively unknown here - not a high end item but still a very nice prize.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #607 of 1,381
Raffle update 2...

It appears that I've bagged a rather nice Philips headphone for the raffle from an online retailer. Further details on Tuesday. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Raffle update...

I should have another prize to add to the list tomorrow and am just awaiting a confirmatory email from the company. It's a headphone amplifier and DAC that's very popular in Japan but relatively unknown here - not a high end item but still a very nice prize.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #608 of 1,381
So guys an immediate update courtesy of an online headphone retailer...

You lucky raffle ticket buyers could potentially win a Philips Fidelio L1. http://www.philips.co.uk/c/headphones/fidelio-l1_00/prd/

This headphone has the seal of approval from Tyll Hertsens and has received very good reviews across the board. So a nice mid range headphone that is a great all-rounder and is extremely ergonomically comfortable.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Raffle update 2...

It appears that I've bagged a rather nice Philips headphone for the raffle from an online retailer. Further details on Tuesday. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #609 of 1,381
Well I hope I will able to come if I am not on holiday at that time 
cool.gif

If there is still room and if there would be any interest I could bring my PRO900's with XB700 pads and probably by that time some J$ pads for comparison 
biggrin.gif
 as well I could bring my LD I+ with a bunch of tubes (I think this amp is has crazy bang-for-buck factor!) And I could bring RedGiant A03 if any body would be interested to try out this pretty unique dual-dynamic IEM.

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #610 of 1,381
Quote:
Raffle update...

Cheers,

Andy. 

I hope very much that it's a Fostex HP-A3... But I think those might be popular in the west - I haven't really been paying careful attention to recent amp/DAC trends. I still think that the HP-A3 is gorgeous though.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #611 of 1,381
Biesas,

I'm sure that we can squeeze you in somewhere! 
L3000.gif

Seriously though, as long as attendees bringing gear don't mind sharing table space, then there should be plenty of room for everyone.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Quote:
Well I hope I will able to come if I am not on holiday at that time 
cool.gif

If there is still room and if there would be any interest I could bring my PRO900's with XB700 pads and probably by that time some J$ pads for comparison 
biggrin.gif
 as well I could bring my LD I+ with a bunch of tubes (I think this amp is has crazy bang-for-buck factor!) And I could bring RedGiant A03 if any body would be interested to try out this pretty unique dual-dynamic IEM.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #612 of 1,381
Raffle update...

As promised guys here's another great prize for the charity raffle. Gyrocom have kindly donated an Audiotrak DR. DAC2 MUSES Edition, which is a multi functional device that packs a lot of features into quite a small form factor. project86 has written an excellent review complete with internal photo's and specifications here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/604019/review-audiotrak-dr-dac2-dx-muses-edition

461fcf37_CSC_0244.jpeg

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #613 of 1,381
Raffle update teaser...

I've received confirmation of yet another great raffle prize that's currently in transit. Until it arrives we'll have a small competition with the first person to correctly guess what it is winning a Bottlehead.com baseball cap. You guys are a clever bunch so I'm being a bit more cryptic with clues this time!

Your clue is "F.A.B Virgil".  
beyersmile.png

Cheers,

Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back