UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
May 3, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #406 of 1,381
FragmentedGod,

Yes please, cash only for the raffle tickets, so bring plenty of £20 notes!

wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Surely a true DIY enthusiast wouldn't mind disassembling and reassembling it? :wink:

I'm happy to donate to each of those causes so will likely be buying a fair few raffle tickets.  Regarding payment, do we need to have cash with us?

May 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #407 of 1,381
Guys,

I'll be abroad from tomorrow (Friday 4th May) evening until Monday 21st May. My internet access will be limited so I'll only be checking on this thread intermittently - probably every other day or so.

Please keep posting messages to raise meet awareness and encourage event discourse.

Cheers, 

Andy.

P.S. Before I go there will be another EXQUISITE raffle prize announcement later this evening! 

May 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #408 of 1,381
Quote:
Guys,

I'll be abroad from tomorrow (Friday 4th May) evening until Monday 21st May. My internet access will be limited so I'll only be checking on this thread intermittently - probably every other day or so.

Please keep posting messages to raise meet awareness and encourage event discourse.

Cheers, 

Andy.

P.S. Before I go there will be another EXQUISITE raffle prize announcement later this evening! 

How do you keep em´ coming 
confused.gif

May 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #409 of 1,381
Thanks for clarifying earlier about the prizes Andy, and the idea of keeping the deafness charity local sounds great to me.

May 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #410 of 1,381
Raffle prize update...

So you've purchased your top notch headphones and can't bear to see them just languishing on the side... so you buy a headphone stand but the cable is still left trailing... what to do?

Thankfully Frank (Toxic Cables) has the answer! The Kabelmeister has teamed up with Klutz Design http://www.klutzdesign.com/Within-EU.php to become the official UK distributor of their CanCans headphone stand with integrated cable management system. Look at these exquisite stands - 

CanCans-colours-big-family-shot-kopiera.jpg

Guess what... Frank and Klutz Design are jointly donating a gorgeous CanCans stand to the meet charity raffle. Do check out the stands on the Toxic Cables website by clicking on this link - http://toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=85

Frank says "I'm thrilled to be the official UK retailer for these exquisite but relatively expensive headphone stands. The price is £420 for Black and White and £435 for speciality colours such as Red and Burgandy, the stands are available with different colour knobs at no extra cost - please contact me for colour options - but come as standard with Chrome".

Thank you Frank and Klutz Designs for donating a functional piece of sculptural art to the meet raffle.

Cheers,

Andy. 

May 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #414 of 1,381
Looking forward to the meet! Have good holiday Andy!

May 4, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #415 of 1,381
Totally Dubbed,

Yeah they are expensive, but look at those sensuous curves!  

I'm buying a red one.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
That's a way too over-priced...for just stands :/
I wonder who will actually buy one (for the design) let alone the price...

Anyway, have a great holiday Andy!
Thanks for the updates!

May 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #417 of 1,381
pytter, digitaldave, Totally Dubbed

Thanks for the holiday wishes, just hope that southern France is drier than the rainy UK!

Keep posting guys and raise meet awareness.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Looking forward to the meet! Have good holiday Andy!

May 4, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #419 of 1,381
They're pretty (though the colour combinations aren't to my liking) but I have to agree with the other posters here: that's a LOT of money for just a stand.  Yes, it's very artistic, so if that really works and you really like it then fair enough, you're not just buying a stand.  But for me function has always been more important than form.  I picked up a really basic Hama headset stand: cheap black plastic, but is also a USB hub.  I've got my Denon AH-D7000 sitting pretty on them whenever I'm not using them and can also charge up my phone and portable amp at the same time, keeping them further away from the valve amp (it does not like my phone to be close to it!).  I looked at the wooden stands and they're really nice, but even so I still couldn't justify that expense on top of the headphones.

May 4, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #420 of 1,381
Quote:
They're pretty (though the colour combinations aren't to my liking) but I have to agree with the other posters here: that's a LOT of money for just a stand.  Yes, it's very artistic, so if that really works and you really like it then fair enough, you're not just buying a stand.  But for me function has always been more important than form.  I picked up a really basic Hama headset stand: cheap black plastic, but is also a USB hub.  I've got my Denon AH-D7000 sitting pretty on them whenever I'm not using them and can also charge up my phone and portable amp at the same time, keeping them further away from the valve amp (it does not like my phone to be close to it!).  I looked at the wooden stands and they're really nice, but even so I still couldn't justify that expense on top of the headphones.

indeed.

My Zoppa stand cost me something like £30.

And I found a banana holder for like £7.

Never needing to spend more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back