Uhh...has this ever happened to anyone?.
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

B-Dawk20

Headphoneus Supremus
My friend's SR60i's channels are...well, backwards! The sides labeled left and right are indeed right and left. They sound fine and he really didn't care enough to return them(likes them a lot
gs1000.gif
). I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 16
No, but it's easy to fix.  I wouldn't recommend hacking up the headphone jack, but rather using a couple of RCA adapters to flip back L and R.

So like 3.5mm TRS male (from headphones) -> 3.5mm F to RCA stereo M -> RCA stereo F to 3.5mm M.  At the RCA step, swap the L and R:  white into red and red into white.  This way the correct channel will be sent to the correct earcup.

It doesn't cost much:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=7198
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=666

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 16
LOLOLOL why do that when you can just flip the orientation in which you wear them
beyersmile.png

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #7 of 16
I'm not personally that picky and he doesn't care either so just flipping it works for us. He's had them for over a year now btw, I just never asked the question until now.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
bc then you get trolled from others and beats bro's :/

usually backwards orientation hurts..grado's may be diff

Quote:
IIRC Grado ear cups are symmetrical. Flipping it around shouldn't be a problem.

The cups may be symmetrical but the placement of the rods on the blocks aren't, which can shift the pressure. Depending on who's wearing them, they may tolerate the reversed config less. Adjusting the headband for wearing them like this may help though, but the thing is for the way it was adjusted to the proper L-R orientation, wearing them backwards clamped a bit too hard to the front of my ears and barely gripped them properly. One bob of my head and they fell off (that's how I saw I had them on backwards, 1min into a song.)

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #9 of 16

Quote:

The cups may be symmetrical but the placement of the rods on the blocks aren't, which can shift the pressure. Depending on who's wearing them, they may tolerate the reversed config less. Adjusting the headband for wearing them like this may help though, but the thing is for the way it was adjusted to the proper L-R orientation, wearing them backwards clamped a bit too hard to the front of my ears and barely gripped them properly. One bob of my head and they fell off (that's how I saw I had them on backwards, 1min into a song.)

yeah theres that too. wearing them backwards puts pressure in the wrong/opposite places. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 16
It just involves a bit of readjusting for me. Eventually I found a comfy position.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 16
take the cups off the brackets, and swap them. No difference at all between the two aside from what channel they are. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back