Uh...so how do you replace the Sennheiser HD 600 headband?
Dec 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #16 of 21
In an almost fruitless search for exactly this issue -- how to replace the Senn 600 headband -- I fortunately landed in this terrific forum and sanity-saving thread.

My umpteen-year-old 600s need a new headband, which I haven't ordered yet...waiting to find out the how.  But unlike TheMarchingMule, I still can't pop those 'made in Ireland' pieces off -- wanting to get the hang of it before ordering the bands.  Would it be possible for someone to post a pic of how they did it?  When it comes to anything requiring manual skills, I'm a total retard.

Appreciate Head-Fi overall and glad I found you guys.

Best,
Raj

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #18 of 21
Hi there. This is an old thread but this was the only one I could find regarding this subject.

I just actually replaced the headband padding of the HD600 with help from this thread. Don't have pictures (no smartphone, sorry), so enjoy my MSpaint arrow: http://i.imgur.com/zDdXgcK.jpg

You want to take a small flathead screwdriver and by small, I mean like what's been said earlier, say eyeglass repair kit small. Or maybe you have nimbler hands than I and won't damage the plastic of the "Made In Ireland" piece. You wedge the tip in and pry it off. Once you get it in, it comes off fairly easily. Earlier users say from the metal side (the side I pointed to) likely because you don't want to damage plastic parts, but for me, I couldn't realistically find a place to jam the screwdriver in from the other side anyway since the weird plastic extended bit of the headband padding got in the way.

After the "Made In Ireland" pieces come off, you can slide out both earcups. I don't know if the headband itself is sided but I didn't try to find out.

A mistake I made because i'm dumb is that the headband actually has two grooved channels. One for the headband padding and the other for the earcups. Don't try to YOLO that **** and shove the headband padding into whatever hole it slides into. The deeper one is for the earcups. No amount of struggling and wiggling it with tweezers will actually make both fit in the same lane.

This seems like 10 months late but maybe it will help someone. Cheers.

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 21
Just follow 3 really simple steps:
1. Get a butter knife, slide it under the made in Ireland pieces and just lever it up and right off. Do this to both sides. 
2. Slide the headband out on either side.
3. Pull the metal band out on both sides. 

Edit: Oops just saw how old this thread is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back