Ugh, the new Facebook layout is now the only option
Sep 12, 2008 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
Everybody's status update is biotching about it, and I've sent messages to the project leader of the new Facebook and signed petitions. It's not only disorganized, but it's not needed. The "old" Facebook was the wheel, and they tried to reinvent it...obviously it doesn't work.
confused_face.gif

What say you?

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 41
Some of my buddies still have it. From what I read on the Facebook blog, they're forcing this change on batches of people, so sooner or later, it'll get to you. I've tried "brute hacking" the URL to see if it'll throw up the old version somehow, but to no avail.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lets go back to xanga

LOL that was one of those "throwaway" networking sites. Sudden popularity, then...oh hey look, MySpace and Facebook.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #7 of 41
I don't like it. I prefer having all of my information on one page.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hate the new facebook...and like the op, it has been forced upon me...i heard they redesigned it to be more accessible on those new mobile phones

That makes no sense, because there's already a Facebook App already for the mobile phone made by them that uses a completely different format.

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 41
Mule, I'm with you. I just checked over and I lost the option to go back. IDK how they're rolling it out but I see one of my friends has a status update from about half an hour ago stating he hates it as well.

The thing I hate most is the new page layout. It is a cluster***** worse than myspace. The wall and news feed are all lumped into one. It's just a confusing mess. I liked the old layout with everything on one page in separate boxes. The News Feed is now also divided into categories making it harder to read. I wonder how much crap is going to go unnoticed because of this layout? I can't believe they forced this on us. They obviously don't give a crap what the users think. Groups against the new system have been going for some time and the users have even sent intelligent, rational complaints to management. It'll be interesting to see if anyone goes away during this change.

Nick is **** NEW FACEBOOK!!!! it's a steaming pile of **** that can kiss my ****ing ass!!

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #11 of 41
Facebook is so overhyped.

there are much better social networking sites out there but people only talk about Facebook.

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Facebook is so overhyped.

there are much better social networking sites out there but people only talk about Facebook.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

You can go back to your MySpace now.

YouTube - Myspace Kid Flips Out

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #15 of 41
I tried the new FB for about a week and went back to the old one yesterday and now today the new one is forced on me.
frown.gif
I never liked FB much as it was (or myspace for that matter so don't pull that on me) and now I like it less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back