Ugh, the new Facebook layout is now the only option
Sep 12, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there are much better social networking sites out there but people only talk about Facebook.

Oh like what?

Myspace? Nothing like hanging around millions of sexually-confused emo-raging 15 year olds. Oh, and the pedos stalking their 8 year old brothers and sisters. Great fun.

Orkut? I'm white and don't speak portuguese. Nuff said.

Bebo? Millions of low-self-esteemers masturbating over each others failures in life.

Tagged? Facebook clone with a 1/5th the number of subscribers.

All others are too irrelevant to mention. I also dislike Facebook. But sadly, everything else out there is worse.

To the OP: I agree, the new interface is crap.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #18 of 41
I actually gave the new Facebook an extended trial lasting nearly a week a while back and was discouraged. I was forced to go to too many pages to check what I could previously on 1 single page and alot of applications are not displaying properly with the new layout. I couldn't figure out how to add applications to my profile page (and in some cases, the applications don't support this on the new layout). Updating of my friend's activities was slow (though this is true of the old layout as well, and it seems increasingly slow recently).

I switched back to the old layout but now Facebook seems to be forcing the new layout on all of us. I'm still on old layout, but it is only a matter of time now . . .

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #19 of 41
Facebook's original design, before they added all of the cr*ppy 3rd-party applications, was awesome. The applications ruined it, and the new layout (which I heartily approve of) means that all of that cr*p is taken away from the main page, so you don't have to see that somebody is a ninja/pirate/retard every time you go on to organise something.

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry you feel that way.

You can go back to your MySpace now.

YouTube - Myspace Kid Flips Out

I never mentioned Myspace..thats another overhyped social networking ...mainly a trend created my 16 yr kids..

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #21 of 41
I've been on Facebook for five years now, and I like the simplistic look of the new version.

It took me about 5 minutes to get used to it, and now I prefer it. 1 page was becoming unwieldy, and I don't like having to sort through 26 iterations of superwall to type a freaking message.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 41
There's still two pages... home and profile. They didn't fix anything, they just rearranged everything and made it more confusing. This basically sucks. They just didn't add anything constructive at all.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Facebook's original design, before they added all of the cr*ppy 3rd-party applications, was awesome. The applications ruined it, and the new layout (which I heartily approve of) means that all of that cr*p is taken away from the main page, so you don't have to see that somebody is a ninja/pirate/retard every time you go on to organise something.

I agree with almost everything you say squire, except that I want the original layout without the application gob****e.

Frankly, Facebook was best before they let in Joe Pleb. Anyone know if theres another social networking site that universities only like facebook was?

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #24 of 41
Problem for me is, I'm not in Uni anymore. I was when I signed on for Facebook, but I still like to use it.

Much as it makes me feel like an elitist dick, I agree with the Joe Plebe comment, Duggeh. When it was University-only it was really superior. Of course, at that time it was really only useful to find lasting images of the hot girl three rows ahead of you in Chem. Now doing that exact thing is harder.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #26 of 41
I've got no gripe with the new layout, but that's really because I only check once a week and I set it to the new layout a while back when it gave me the option and never go around to switching back.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #27 of 41
I think I've been on the new facebook for months now.. I saw everyone's status bitching about the new facebook and how they hate it, and I was really baffled because I didn't see anything different at all. I then went to the facebook blog and clicked on new.facebook.com and it took me to my homepage, which looked exactly the same as it had for the past months. I do remember it switching awhile back and I was pissed because it made things harder to find, but I guess I'm kind of used to it now.

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #28 of 41
I changed to the new one almost as soon as it came out, and I only got fed up with it and changed back yesterday, haha!

Ah well, the new version does look more like the old, university-only facebook, minimal and such.

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #29 of 41
I don't mind the new look, but what does infuriate me is that using my usual web browser(Konqueror), I can no longer update my status section.

That, and I can't see where my car racing apps have gone. Not that I bothered with them these days...

~Phewl.

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #30 of 41
The new look is fine and I'm happy not having to wait for my friends page to load because they got like 50 apps installed!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back