Ugh, the new Facebook layout is now the only option
Sep 12, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #31 of 41
I think the new facebook is just fine. I've been using it since a few days after it was made available, and I'm glad they finally forced a switch- I had no way of modifying my old profile page without losing my new one. From a programming and design standpoint, maintaining two sites for long is near impossible.

I do agree though that the old layout had nothing wrong with it, I just made the switch because I knew this day was coming. In the end, they should have just left it the way it was, but getting worked up about the layout of a website isn't exactly a good use of my time. There are far more important things out there.

Sep 12, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been on Facebook for five years now, and I like the simplistic look of the new version.

It took me about 5 minutes to get used to it, and now I prefer it. 1 page was becoming unwieldy, and I don't like having to sort through 26 iterations of superwall to type a freaking message.

I'm with ya'. Some pages were getting obnoxious with the number of applications and junk. Although I don't like the Mini Feed/Wall integration, I think the whole design is aye-okay. I switched to the new design as soon as possible, haven't looked back [and I at least, still have the option to revert]

Sep 13, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #33 of 41
Most of the people that don't mind the new facebook are people that weren't even around for the days when facebook didn't suck, that is, it was college-only, no applications, no BS. Honestly, facebook just keeps getting worse and worse. They're forgetting its primary purpose... facebook isn't a game or anything, it's just a communication and information tool. Right now it's so full of crap that there's little to distinguish it from networks like MySpace besides the lack of total page customization.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #35 of 41
Facebook annoyed me when they started adding applications. I hate those stupid invites to be a vampire or whatever the hell is the app of the moment. I really don't use Facebook much since it is largely a redundant network of people I know through other means.

I tend to prefer MySpace and Connexion over Facebook. MySpace finally got around to making a mobile version of their site and it works rather well, and they have been gradually making improvements to their main site. Connexion is a GLBT-oriented site based here in Denver and is colloquially known as the "gay yellow pages" here since virtually every gay or lesbian person in the Denver area is on it. They have a simple, easy layout that is easy to get around and have had a mobile version of the site for a while, not to mention they even have a nice web app for the iPod touch/iPhone. They can get away with the simplicity more than MySpace or other large sites can due to their limited audience, but I think the "big" sites can learn a thing or two from them.

Sep 13, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #39 of 41
Let's just say I'm not fond with any kinds of social networking sites (although I understand well the pros of them). I hope I don't have to use FB or similar sites because of school, works etc.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back