UFC Discussion
Oct 5, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #571 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What
Shamrock gets injured 24hrs before the fight...........what a joke!

I say make main event Andre Arlovski vs Kimbo Slice and give the fans a real fight

Good thing this wasn't PPV event, everyone would want thier money back

We could only hope, I'd also take Arlovski over Kimbo by a thin margin

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #572 of 584
Kimbo Slice hype bubble broken big time last night.......under card fighter Seth Petruzelli who weighed in at only 205lbs scores a TKO in 14 seconds,
I think the ref should have allowed fight to continue just a bit longer but the outcome was not in doubt.

Slice went down too easy, didn't look like he got hit that hard.
Seth is not even a top 20 light heavyweight and he destroys Kimbo in 14 seconds on national TV, everyone knew Kimbo would meet reality soon but talk about going down in flames
icon10.gif

The other fights were actually very entertaining, I have to admit Arlovski is looking better recently

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #573 of 584
Damn, Randy was looking old this past Saturday. Kenflo looked great.

I'm surprised no one posted anything.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #574 of 584
The recent UFC card was pretty good. As for brock and randy, you sorta already knew the outcome. I was surprised Randy was able to last as long as he did, Brock didn't appear to be as aggressive as in his previous fight.

The WEC card on the other hand...

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #575 of 584
I thought randy was doing fine. He said it himself... Brock's just a big son bitch. He's so fast too.

What Im interested in is the fight on December 27th... pretty sweet card. I predict Forrest over Evans and Wanderlei over Rampage (though I am a Rampage fan). I would like to see Wanderlei get some more recognition in UFC. Too bad he wont be able to KO rampage through the ropes this time...

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #576 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought randy was doing fine. He said it himself... Brock's just a big son bitch. He's so fast too.

What Im interested in is the fight on December 27th... pretty sweet card. I predict Forrest over Evans and Wanderlei over Rampage (though I am a Rampage fan). I would like to see Wanderlei get some more recognition in UFC. Too bad he wont be able to KO rampage through the ropes this time...

Agreed, Randy was doing quite good given the size difference. He was holding his own grappling against the fence, which is remarkable.

12/27's card is very interesting. I think I'll go with:
Rashad by decision
Wand KO over Rampage (see no reason why this will be any different than their first 2 fights)
Nog dec over Mir

Nog goes on to beat Brock to unify Heavyweight belt. He can take a massive beating and exploit one mistake, which Brock will inevitably make.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #577 of 584
part of me didn't want to watch the randy/lesnar fight. I just don't see the point of throwing a veteran to the hounds like that. Dana White has no class. It goes to show he cares more about selling tickets and making money than mma as a sport. I doubt randy will fight again after this, fans will never get to see the dream match of fedor vs couture.

As for the next card, what an amazing lineup. I want to see Evans win. Wanderlei and Rampage both need the win badly. Wanderlei to pick up steam while people still remember him from the jardine fight, and rampage to give a good showing after that post griffin defeat fiasco.

Frankly I can't stand Brock Lesnar and the direction the UFC is going. I want to watch talent and skill, not a search for the biggest and baddest muscle freak out there. There will always be a bigger dog that you can bring to the fight, but finding talent is a lot harder. Dana white might as well just make an open weight class and have Hong Man Choi come in and fight Brock Lesnar. Or how about Bob sapp or butterbean?

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #578 of 584
Lesnar is a true heavyweight. He weighed in at 276 on the day of the fight, only 11 lbs. heavier than during weigh-in. Also, he weighed 265 months prior to the fight during his normal training.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frankly I can't stand Brock Lesnar and the direction the UFC is going. I want to watch talent and skill, not a search for the biggest and baddest muscle freak out there. There will always be a bigger dog that you can bring to the fight, but finding talent is a lot harder. Dana white might as well just make an open weight class and have Hong Man Choi come in and fight Brock Lesnar. Or how about Bob sapp or butterbean?

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #579 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lesnar is a true heavyweight. He weighed in at 276 on the day of the fight, only 11 lbs. heavier than during weigh-in. Also, he weighed 265 months prior to the fight during his normal training.

Hopefully the sport grows to the point where they can make more weight classes because nobody should be able to enjoy a 56 lb. weight advantage in the same weight class. A 206-265 lb weight range is too large. That's like putting Georges St. Pierre against Mark Coleman. Coleman would probably win on sheer size advantage alone, but GSP is a much better fighter now than Coleman ever was.

Randy looked like a small boy next to Brock. Randy is still a better fighter than Brock, he's just much smaller.

With that said, I am impressed with Brock's skills for training for such a short time. He's been blessed with great natural gifts in terms of his size and athleticism, but it's obvious he's putting in the work.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #580 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
part of me didn't want to watch the randy/lesnar fight. I just don't see the point of throwing a veteran to the hounds like that. Dana White has no class. It goes to show he cares more about selling tickets and making money than mma as a sport. I doubt randy will fight again after this, fans will never get to see the dream match of fedor vs couture.

As for the next card, what an amazing lineup. I want to see Evans win. Wanderlei and Rampage both need the win badly. Wanderlei to pick up steam while people still remember him from the jardine fight, and rampage to give a good showing after that post griffin defeat fiasco.

What kind of dream match is Fedor vs. Couture if he can't beat Brock? Fedor would have destroyed him.

Comparing Brock to Hong Man Choi, Bob Sapp and Butterbean is ludicrous. I'm surprised you didn't throw Giant Silva in there as well. He has more talent that those 3 combined, multiplied by 10. Those guys are side show attractions, Lesnar has real fighting ability. His size certainly makes a huge difference, but the skill is there as well. Clearly, size alone doesn't equate to success (as the 3 examples given show). You need skill as well, and Brock has that.

The fighters in UFC today are far better than they've ever been, and much of the old guard is being weeded out (Liddell, Hughes, Tito, etc). I much prefer the direction the UFC is headed, and I would like to request the UFC remove Mark Coleman from their upcoming card. That is the only joke I've seen in recent memory on a UFC event since Matt Hughes embarrassed the "legendary" Royce Gracie.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #581 of 584
Lesnar was much bigger than Couture, but the weight difference Lesnar and Herring or Lesnar and Mir was not as pronounced. Herring weighs in at 250 and Mir at 255; both were destroyed by Brock's strikes pretty easily, even though the weight differential was only 10 or 15 lbs. Brock is simply a once in a generation monster.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #582 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of dream match is Fedor vs. Couture if he can't beat Brock? Fedor would have destroyed him.

Comparing Brock to Hong Man Choi, Bob Sapp and Butterbean is ludicrous. I'm surprised you didn't throw Giant Silva in there as well. He has more talent that those 3 combined, multiplied by 10. Those guys are side show attractions, Lesnar has real fighting ability. His size certainly makes a huge difference, but the skill is there as well. Clearly, size alone doesn't equate to success (as the 3 examples given show). You need skill as well, and Brock has that.

The fighters in UFC today are far better than they've ever been, and much of the old guard is being weeded out (Liddell, Hughes, Tito, etc). I much prefer the direction the UFC is headed, and I would like to request the UFC remove Mark Coleman from their upcoming card. That is the only joke I've seen in recent memory on a UFC event since Matt Hughes embarrassed the "legendary" Royce Gracie.

Lesnar won primarily thanks to his size and age advantage, not skill advantage. I'm not saying that Lesnar does not have good fighting skills, he does, but if he would been Randy's size and weight, Randy would have won.

Lesnar vs fast Arlovski and highly skilled Nog would be interesting.

Beating those two would make him worthy to fight Fedor.

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #583 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lesnar won primarily thanks to his size and age advantage, not skill advantage. I'm not saying that Lesnar does not have good fighting skills, he does, but if he would been Randy's size and weight, Randy would have won.

Lesnar vs fast Arlovski and highly skilled Nog would be interesting.

Beating those two would make him worthy to fight Fedor.

Randy does not have a good track record at heavyweight. Fedor would have run him over. I for one am glad the fight was never put together.

Arlovski is terribly overrated, Brock would kill him. He was having trouble with Big Country Nelson before the referee unjustly stood them up. Brock would take him down and he wouldn't get up. Nog will endure Brock long enough to tap him out, which is the likely scenario given I don't think Mir will beat Nog in December.

Fedor will kill'em all
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #584 of 584
Mega bumpage like a Wanderlei Silva knee to the chops, BOOOOOOM!

deadhorse.gif

LOL Big night in the MMA world tonight, who you got for the main card?

Macheda or Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back