UFC Discussion
Aug 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #526 of 584
Huerta was not over rated..........that is nonsense
Anyone winning 13 straight UFC fights is not overrated, he had a very bad showing last night but I was not impressed with Ken-Flo, never did any damage to Huerta and the couple times he had top position on ground Huerta was able to easily escape. Huerta normally very aggressive, had bad fight plan reminds me of Shogun's poor showing against Griffith, still think he has superior skills vs Ken-Flo

Brock Lesnar.........
Very disappointing win, fight should have ended first 30 seconds when Herring was decked by punch and Brock could not finish the job. Even though Lesnar could take Herring to the ground at will, just laying on top of opponent for 3 rounds makes for short future as UFC fighter, we need much much more offense in future fights

Aug 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #527 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huerta was not over rated..........that is nonsense. Anyone winning 13 straight UFC fights is not overrated...

He's a very good fighter, who had won six straight UFC fights (and an additional five in other orginizations).

I'm not real familiar with all of his opponents by name, so I can't speak to the quality of those wins. I did think Clay Guida exposed him as a very good...but not excellent...fighter. So despite those wins, I still thought he was overrated.

I thought Florian fought the smarter fight, which is part of the total package it takes to win.

Aug 11, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #529 of 584
I think Clay Guida would beat Ken-Flo.......lets just say I am not impressed

But what does that say about Huerta's poor performance
confused.gif

back to the drawing board

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #530 of 584
I wonder if Huerta will stay in the UFC? He's only got one fight left on his contract, and has made rumblings of leaving. He's not happy with how the fighters are compensated.

I definitely see that point...something's wrong when Keith Jardine gets paid something like $14K in his victory over Chuck Liddell, who made $500K (if memory serves).

Eventually, money will come in and splinter the MMA scene (like boxing)...I'm enjoying all these great matchups while we have them.

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #532 of 584
Sweet. Thanks for that link Dark I've never heard of that show before. Lots of good stuff there.

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #535 of 584
Whoa...Chuck Liddell gets knocked the ***** out hard by Rashad Evans...

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #536 of 584
and in other news, Brock Lesnar gets a title shot at Couture. Honestly, what is this trash? What kind of fighter gets a title shot when he only has TWO ufc fights under his belt. Dana White is selling out the UFC to try and draw in WWE fans or something. I can't believe this no-talent muscle head brawler is getting a title shot.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #538 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and in other news, Brock Lesnar gets a title shot at Couture. Honestly, what is this trash? What kind of fighter gets a title shot when he only has TWO ufc fights under his belt. Dana White is selling out the UFC to try and draw in WWE fans or something. I can't believe this no-talent muscle head brawler is getting a title shot.

I was shocked when I saw that also!

I know the UFC heavyweight ranks are thin but not a smart match if Dana White wants to groom Lesnar as a future star, he needs much more work learning fundemental MMA skills

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #539 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa...Chuck Liddell gets knocked the ***** out hard by Rashad Evans...

Liddell is like a hero of the past UFC generation, far too one dimensional skill set to compete with current "total package" fighters like Anderson Silva, GSP etc who now dominate UFC, the stand-up only style could work a few years ago but not today..........now that money is good for UFC fighters Liddell wants his share but unless he can become more multi dimensional he won't compete with the best

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #540 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was shocked when I saw that also!

I know the UFC heavyweight ranks are thin but not a smart match if Dana White wants to groom Lesnar as a future star, he needs much more work learning fundemental MMA skills

In terms of profitablilty it is their best shot as the interim champion(Nog) is tied up with The Ultimate Fighter Show and his bout with Mir after the show finishes airing. Also others that are also in line as contenders are also tied up with upcoming bouts and those who are not do not yet have the name recognition to attract alot of eyes to a PPV event like Lesnar can.(There is some irony to the UFC having Lesnar be in Main events as Mr. White had made a comment about Lesnar when he made his MMA debut in K-1 Dyanamite.AKA his only non UFC fight )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back