UFC Discussion
Jul 8, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #481 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure I'd say Forrest dominates the first three. I think you have to clearly give him rounds 2 and 5 while giving Rampage 4. 1 and 3 are awfully close, but I give 1 to Page and call 3 a draw (Forrest gets 10-8 for the second winning 48-47).

I didn't notice Forrest letting up with the leg kicks either, I think Rampage just got smarter about avoiding them.

Also Forrest needs to be champ long enough for Machida to murder him
wink.gif

I am on the same boat with the people seeing round two as 10-9. Forrest was the agressor, did a good damage to his opponent with his leg kick, but failed to do much with page underneath him. Page probably underestimated those kicks, got rocked in the second, and started paying much due respect there on and after.

Come to think of it, if spider would ever get to fight machida? As much as I like page as a fighter, I think machida would beat him if he continues to fight like he did in his last bout.

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #482 of 584
Anderson Silva vs James Irvin (free Spike TV)

Don't forget the free fight show Saturday 9PM EST.........
Silva must be careful with Irvin who knocked out Houston Alexander in 10 seconds last fight 4/2008. He likes to end fight quickly most in round 1, so there will be intense action right away, Silva must avoid getting tagged early.

Don't see much else of interest with rest of card but who knows what can happen, sometimes best fights are with little known fighters.

Any truth to this story about Rampage?
Rampage

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #483 of 584
Or forget all of that and watch the affliction show
biggrin.gif
. Lots of big names on the card, though several lopsided bouts. I think Rothwell will beat Arlovski.

There's also Dream 5 in a couple days. Crocop, Mark Hunt, and now Kid Yamamoto have pulled out of the card and it still looks good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any truth to this story about Rampage?
Rampage

Yeah it's been widely reported for days, too bad. Here's an interview he did a day before all the trouble, he seems really messed up: TMZ Video: Default Video Player

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #484 of 584
Hopefully Rampage gets whatever help he needs and can get back on track. That said, what he did was ridiculous and I bet he's going to serve about 30 minutes in jail if he does at all. Justice in CA doesn't exist for any celebrity.

Irvin has a puncher's chance as usual, he's been dominated in several fights but found ways to put guys to sleep. Silva will need to stay disciplined and keep his guard up.

Jul 19, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #485 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or forget all of that and watch the affliction show
biggrin.gif
. Lots of big names on the card, though several lopsided bouts. I think Rothwell will beat Arlovski.

There's also Dream 5 in a couple days. Crocop, Mark Hunt, and now Kid Yamamoto have pulled out of the card and it still looks good.

I read somewhere that for Affliction PPV
Fedor might get 1 million and Sylvia 800k.......looks like a few washed up UFC fighters are on the card also with Babalou and Andrei Arlovski

Dream 5.......?????????

Jul 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #486 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read somewhere that for Affliction PPV
Fedor might get 1 million and Sylvia 800k.......looks like a few washed up UFC fighters are on the card also with Babalou and Andrei Arlovski

Dream 5.......?????????

Babalu washed up? I don't think so. Neither are Barnett or Lindland. A lot of the other fighters are has beens or never was', and there's several missmatches, but it's still a much better card than what the UFC is putting on. Not to mention Fedor V Sylvia is just a huge fight, never thought it'd happen.

Dream is a Japanese promotion, the only Japanese MMA promotion putting out good shows today. They run it on HDnet with Bas and some other guy commentating, the last several events have been tremendous.

Turns out Mark Hunt is on the card, against Overeem no less. I'm also looking forward to seeing Eddie Alvarez fight again, and hopefully seeing Aoki get smashed.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #490 of 584
man anderson just wasted irvin like he was eating a bowl of cereal. he's just amazing. i hope he stays at 205. some great matchups to be had there.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #491 of 584
Anderson dun cornholed irvin

EDIT: Rory dun cornholed his guy

Pepo be gettin' cornholed t'nite

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #492 of 584
Was kinda hoping for a at least a fight. Silva just gets more and more invincible...

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #494 of 584
No affliction talk, me no watch yet. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love you, tomorrow, it's only a day a-waaay~

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #495 of 584
wow, the fedor fight was over fast, even faster then silva

but it looks like its time to throw some real competition in front of silva at 205, he went through Irvin a lot easier then then he did franklin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back