UFC Discussion
Jul 3, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #451 of 584
Huh...I know absolutely NOTHING about UFC, but was browsing the site because this thread caught my interest.

Came across this cat. I went to High School with him.

UFC® : Ultimate Fighting Championship®

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #452 of 584
Koscheck! I'm looking forward to his fight. I like him and hope he improves alot to contend.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #453 of 584
While I'd like Rampage to lose, I'm sure he will win. He has improved a lot since his earlier fights.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #454 of 584
Dana White stop watering down the fight cards!

Other than Rampage/Griffin a pretty weak card fight card considering all the talent available......should have a much stronger list for PPV

7/19/08
Free fights on Spike TV with Anderson Silva moving up to light heavyweight 205 lbs vs James Irvin who recently had upset win over Houston Alexander

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #455 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dana White stop watering down the fight cards!

Other than Rampage/Griffin a pretty weak card fight card considering all the talent available......should have a much stronger list for PPV

7/19/08
Free fights on Spike TV with Anderson Silva moving up to light heavyweight 205 lbs vs James Irvin who recently had upset win over Houston Alexander

QFT - I rarely PPV these fights anymore. Pretty weak. The free fight is more interesting to me than the Rampage/Griffin fight and it's free (even though Silva will win without a doubt).

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #456 of 584
The UFC has mostly been putting on stacked cards this year, they had to run out of guys eventually.

Who cares about the free fight, buy the Affliction event
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #457 of 584
Lol. I'm glad I have alot of friends who are into MMA, so we meet up at our friend's house (a very wealthy friend) who pays and caters food and drinks for us to watch. It's a pretty awesome event, lol.

As for the free event, I think we're watching the Affliction event on the projector and DVR'ing the other. We'll watch them back to back though.

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #458 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- Shogun beat Rampage badly twice in Pride

I think you may be confusing Shogun for his former Chute Boxe teammate Wanderlei Silva. Shogun only beat Rampage one time. It was the opening round of the 2005 Middleweight GP in PRIDE. Shogun went on to defeat Antonio Rogerio "Minotoro" Nogueira, Alistair Overeem, and Ricardo Arona to capture the Grand Prix title.

I hate to say it because he is one of my favorite fighters to watch, but Shogun Rua is most likely done. At least the version of Shogun that MMA fans knew in 2005-2006. Two knee surgeries in less than one year, the second coming not even after a fight. He's young, but it's not looking very good for his future.

Rampage should be the favorite coming into the fight this weekend, but I think Forrest has as good a chance as anyone to beat him. Forrest is pretty well-rounded, his cardio is good, and he has improved a lot since his time on the reality show.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Fedor fight Tim Sylvia this month for the Affliction show. It will be interesting to see if Fedor can deal with the former UFC champion. Fedor is a better all-around fighter than Tim, but all it takes is one straight right from Tim to connect and it could be goodnight.

Look at the size difference:

2u8bime.jpg

It looks like Tim is posing for a picture with his little brother or something.
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #460 of 584
Borat
You are correct.........Shogun only beat Rampage 1 time in Pride

I stand corrected
redface.gif

Do you think Anderson Silva will be as successful in 205 light heavyweight class?
Is this his more natural weight?

Jul 3, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #462 of 584
Silva has beaten all the top middleweights.......Franklin twice.

So has to step up weight class to get some real competition, how about:
Anderson Silva vs Rampage ?????

Win UFC title belt in two weight classes would be quite a feat

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #463 of 584
I just got an Affliction promo tee with the date and the fights on the back of it.

Anyways, where do you guys watch the fights? I usually go to Hooters.

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #464 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Fedor can take a Crocop kick flush, he can take anything Sylvia has to offer. I don't see this fight being very interesting at all. I've been surprised before, however.

Agreed

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #465 of 584
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Fedor can take a Crocop kick flush, he can take anything Sylvia has to offer. I don't see this fight being very interesting at all. I've been surprised before, however.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed

I don't get all the disrespect Sylvia gets, he's a top 5 heavyweight for sure. Tim's one of the few guys with a chance against Fedor.

I don't remember Fedor taking a kick flush from Crocop (in the head I assume you mean?), but I do recall him almost getting knocked out by Fujita.

Fedor's the man, but he's a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back