UE700 vs Q-Jays?
Feb 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tsoakley

New Head-Fier
So I've narrowed down my options for a new set of earphones down to the Ultimate Ears 700 and Jays Q-Jays. I can get the 700 for £70 directly from Logitech and the Q-Jays seem to go around £85 on Amazon. I've heard the sound quality on both is excellent and I'm not an audiophile, but everyone says the UE's lack punch and presence. I listen to a broad range of rock music, some metal and some electronica, and the odd acoustic/orchestral track. Would the UE's offer enough punch to suit the likes of Avenged Sevenfold? Is the critisism of bass being made in comparison to competing high-end IEMs, or does it lack bass and presence more generally? Moving on from bass, which earphone is generally considered better? Will I be missing out by choosing the UE's over the Q-Jays, or vice versa? (Again, the UE's are actually cheaper at this point). People seem to say the Q-Jays are better for rock music and are less sibilant/ more balanced, and the UE's are often described as having a more unique sound signature and more extension in the lows and highs. But these comparisons are just that- comparisons. What I guess I want to really know is, will the UE's suit my music tastes and offer good value for money, or might I end up dissapointed with the relative lack of bass? Again, I'm not an audiophile, but I am a discerning listener who wants a taste of high-end audio without the over-inflated prices.

Any help would be appreciated here :)

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 9
q-JAYS for 85 GBP are a great buy. I would recommend them if you don't mind changing their filters.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered the UE700s for £57, it was too good a deal to pass up, and with a full warranty from the manufacturer, you can't go wrong :) would've prefered the Q-Jays having thought about it, but thirty quid is a bit much for such a small difference.

Feb 23, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered the UE700s for £57, it was too good a deal to pass up, and with a full warranty from the manufacturer, you can't go wrong :) would've prefered the Q-Jays having thought about it, but thirty quid is a bit much for such a small difference.

Where from for that price please?

Edit: NVM, Topcashback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back