UE11 question
May 13, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 21
The optional ambient feature is to allow for stage bleed while controlling the isolation effect. Allows you to hear ambient sound outside of the isolation created by ear plugs, how they do this I really don't know. Why not e-mail or call them? Hopefully it's not like the PTH from shure.

May 13, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know me too well lol

No more waiting for the Westone 3's? Well, atleast your journey will be over with the UE11...for a while!

May 13, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 21
The ear pieces literally have an open channel to the outside to reduce the ~25 db isolation. This allows a performer to hear the crowd or get a better feel of the room "ambiance" but still hear the clean monitor sound. Not sure if this is exactly how the UE11 is achieving the ambient mix - maybe they have a newer technology - but this is what the term used to refer to for older UE products.

Here is a picture of the old UE5 ambient.

Ultimate Ears UE-5 Ambient Custom Studio Reference Monitors - Full-Custom Earphones

May 13, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #8 of 21
I believe the theory is that unless you have an absolute strong need for this, you shouldn't do it as it is a sacrifice to the overall sound of the UE11 to get this feature.

May 13, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the Head Fi user (not stage musician), I believe this will defeat one of the very desirable attributes of the UE11. At least for me.

Can you please share what attribute its defeating? I dont understand how any of this stuff works and i appreciate the insight.....

May 13, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the theory is that unless you have an absolute strong need for this, you shouldn't do it as it is a sacrifice to the overall sound of the UE11 to get this feature.

Can you explain why this would be the case? That is to say, why does the filter affect the sound? If the filter is plugged...... why would the monitor function differently than if the port didnt exist? Thanks for your insight.

May 13, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #12 of 21
I want to also say, just as an aside (or perhaps not)........

That i was assured by both Jeanette and Brad at UE that the ambient ports in the UE11 will not affect the overall function of the monitor..... when sealed.

I dont see the reason why perhaps the two most knowledgable people about this would look to deceive me.

Id love to get this cleared up and i appreciate everyone's feedback.

May 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #13 of 21
They are just small plugs you can remove to reduce the isolation. Very small and impossible to remove/replace on the go. Aimed at stage musicians.

May 13, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are just small plugs you can remove to reduce the isolation. Very small and impossible to remove/replace on the go. Aimed at stage musicians.

I felt like i might benefit from them.... and had them added to my UE 11's. Can you offer any insight as to why they may be a detriment to the overall function of the monitor when the filters are plugged?

May 13, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #15 of 21
I do not like to wait for the new products, hopeless
smily_headphones1.gif

and if I were you,I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back