UE11 question
May 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tupelo2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you explain why this would be the case? That is to say, why does the filter affect the sound? If the filter is plugged...... why would the monitor function differently than if the port didnt exist? Thanks for your insight.

I don't know the technical reason for this, but there has been a slight controversy whether the ambient option affect the sound to the worse or not. Since it is an unusual option according to Head-fiers and UE themselves (except for non-audiophile stage performers), some found it alarming when one of the very few head-fiers with the ambient option was dissatisfied with the sound. However, it is hard to say unless someone owns both the ambient and non-ambient version of the same UE-custom.

May 14, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #19 of 21
Hope you get a perfect fit the first time, then you can make the ED9 comparisons we were talking about, no?
biggrin.gif

Ambient or not, I'm sure you will be satisfied with them, they are wonderful earphones! Enjoy.

May 14, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kel Ghu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I chose to buy mine with that feature. It is sometime handy not to be completly isolated from the world.

Im actually glad someone else went with this feature. I was feeling pretty lonely.

May 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #21 of 21
I my opinion (my opinion), the reason I went with the UE11 was for the custom fit and superior isolation. In that package they offered the best sound quality.

Having a port to defeat that feature defeats the purpose of the IEM for the non stage musician (in my opinion).

Also my opinion, if there was a poll / list of the best headphones regardless of size in the sub $1200 price tag, I doubt the UE11 would make the top 3 by consensus.

Having said that, people do buy the UE11 and the top reasons are size and isolation. The plugs defeat one of the major benefits of the UE11s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back