UE11 Pros lost/stolen =(
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

PANGES

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm on my break from class, and as I was walking to the bathroom, I stopped to help this girl in one of my classes study for our midterm coming up in about an hour. The odd thing is that I had my customs on while I stopped to talk to her, and somehow, while i was talking to her, they were disconnected from my amp and must've fallen on the floor (hung them around my neck while I talked to her.) By the time I noticed, I looked around and they were gone. Just to be sure, I retraced all of my steps from the day, and they were nowhere to be found. My guess is that someone picked them up and walked off...

I'm sure there's nothing I can do and they're gone, but any advice? I contacted Ultimate Ears to keep a lookout just in case anyone tries to refit my customs or something, but I doubt it. Whoever took them probably doesn't even know what to do with them, since they wont even fit in their ears. I'm so mad at myself for just throwing them around my neck and not keeping a close eye on them! =/  

lol. /rant.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 19
Lost something precious when you were helping a girl. At least you can call yourself a hero to that girl but are we still in that age? 
tongue.gif
 I'm sorry to hear your story dude, wish you all the best in finding those things back.

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 19
Check the lost and found if your school has one.

I've picked up valuables in the past that I've found on the ground and took them to the nearest general admin place.

Will keep my fingers crossed that this is the case for you as well.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:
Check the lost and found if your school has one.

I've picked up valuables in the past that I've found on the ground and took them to the nearest general admin place.

Will keep my fingers crossed that this is the case for you as well.

I've checked. No where to be found. :frowning2:

Lesson learned: Don't help people study! :D

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 19
That sucks I'm very paranoid about losing my customs around my neck for this very reason..you could post on your fliers that its your hearing aid..might compel someone to return it..

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:
That sucks I'm very paranoid about losing my customs around my neck for this very reason..you could post on your fliers that its your hearing aid..might compel someone to return it..

Ehh. Unfortunately, the area/school I currently attend isn't exactly full of people who I would count on to return lost goods. Would be worth a try anyways though.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 19
I got an e-mail back from UE today:

Quote:

Hey Eugene,

I am so sorry to hear that your monitors were stolen!!!!!  UGGH!

I will do everything that I can if possible to get these back in your hands.  I hear this all of the time.  Where were they stolen from ?

We will offer a reward to anyone that brings these back either to you and/or Ultimate Ears.  The reward will be a great set of our universal products so if you want to post this on head-fi please feel free and you can quote me word for word.

Thanks Eugene,
Jeanette

and 

Hey Eugene,

I think that I have seen a couple turn up so high hopes.  On another note I am willing to offer you the same discounted pricing if this will help you at all.

Let me know whatever I can do for you.

Thanks
j

I'm not optimistic about ever getting them back, but it's very very kind of the folks at UE to offer some help in making the situation better. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 19
I'd still put some lost flyers up, offering a small reward, be sure to place some where they went missing. Hopefully once people realize they have no use for them the small reward will seem much more appealing. You have nothing to lose by doing so.

And that is mighty nice of UE to give such kind words, I wish I could say the same for other company's.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:
I'd still put some lost flyers up, offering a small reward, be sure to place some where they went missing. Hopefully once people realize they have no use for them the small reward will seem much more appealing. You have nothing to lose by doing so.

And that is mighty nice of UE to give such kind words, I wish I could say the same for other company's.

I actually did. I just put them up with a $50 reward. I'd put a higher reward, but I don't want people thinking that they're worth a lot and try to pawn them off elsewhere. =/

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 19
I actually did. I just put them up with a $50 reward. I'd put a higher reward, but I don't want people thinking that they're worth a lot and try to pawn them off elsewhere. =/

Good one buddy, I hope you do find them, I really do for you.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:
Quote:

Good one buddy, I hope you do find them, I really do for you.

Thank you! On a side note, I'm now looking at either the Ultimate Ears UE18 Pro, or the new 1964 Ears V6. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 19
That really sucks, I hope they turn up! Also, how you have so much money :c. Teach me how to lose a pair of ciems and immediately start scouting new ones to buy.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:
That really sucks, I hope they turn up! Also, how you have so much money :c. Teach me how to lose a pair of ciems and immediately start scouting new ones to buy.

It's not that I have a ton of money. I'm just really cheap and don't spend my money very recklessly on other things. (I'm only reckless when it comes to audio.) =P

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #15 of 19
Sucks man I feel your pain... If I lost my Customs, I would literally question EVERYONE in school to keep a lookout for them. Maybe lie to them that you're in the faculty of performing arts and tell them your concert is soon and you need them 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back