UE Triple.Fi 10 goes Custom
Dec 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #16 of 72

Quote:
I'm a bit of a basshead and am finding the TF10 to lack the low end proficiency found in my Atrios and DT990/600's.

well mate, it's not supposed to be at that level, TF10 is BA-based and Atrio is Dynamic-based

TF10 has the best bass of all the BA IEM's, IMO it is much, much better and more refined than W3 (...and yes, I do own both)

If you like Atrio, then save some money and get the $60 AtrioX instead, which is the MG5 driver

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 72
I'm interested in the remold as well. I hear that it slighly improves the overall sound and definitely improves on the bass (deeper bass).

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #18 of 72
I agree, TF10 has good deep bass, I liked my W3 but the midbass hump made it seem a bit sloppy.

Quote:
well mate, it's not supposed to be at that level, TF10 is BA-based and Atrio is Dynamic-based

TF10 has the best bass of all the BA IEM's, IMO it is much, much better and more refined than W3 (...and yes, I do own both)

If you like Atrio, then save some money and get the $60 AtrioX instead, which is the MG5 driver

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #21 of 72
Sonically, I find the reshell has slightly better mids and better deep bass extension.  Treble seems about the same, soundstage a tiny bit wider.

For me personally the fit makes it all worth it, no readjusting, I have a good fit, good isolation, low profile I can workout in these and never worry about them coming out.  It's very comfortable I can wear them all day.

On the other hand resale will be lower, I got fit on first try, but some other haven't.  Also if you don't like it you just spent money for impressions, remolding,cable,etc that you will lose.  For me it has been a great experience into "entry level customs."

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #22 of 72

Quote:
Sonically, I find the reshell has slightly better mids and better deep bass extension.  Treble seems about the same, soundstage a tiny bit wider.

For me personally the fit makes it all worth it, no readjusting, I have a good fit, good isolation, low profile I can workout in these and never worry about them coming out.  It's very comfortable I can wear them all day.

On the other hand resale will be lower, I got fit on first try, but some other haven't.  Also if you don't like it you just spent money for impressions, remolding,cable,etc that you will lose.  For me it has been a great experience into "entry level customs."

I figure since I got them for only $94.00 is not much of a loss for me and I'd keep them for sure in custom form. They sound good already and if the fit can improve them slightly that's even better. I'm not finding the treble to be overbearing as some say. My FX700s are noticeably more extended in the treble. Even my former pair of Silver Cabled IE8s were more extended than these....

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #23 of 72

Quote:
I figure since I got them for only $94.00 is not much of a loss for me and I'd keep them for sure in custom form. They sound good already and if the fit can improve them slightly that's even better. I'm not finding the treble to be overbearing as some say. My FX700s are noticeable more extended in the treble. Even my former pair of Silver Cabled IE8s were more extended than these....

but its 94+roughly 100 reshell + shipping + possible refit shippings. that could all go to a better custom! im so torn!! lol

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #24 of 72

Quote:
but its 94+roughly 100 reshell + shipping + possible refit shippings. that could all go to a better custom! im so torn!! lol

I figure instead of trying to buy an entry level custom I'd just go for the Starkey instead. $200+ is a lot cheaper than the $1,200+ at least for now.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #26 of 72

Quote:
lol i dont see myself going that high again. i had the jh16 and loved it. had to sell it. for me its either tf10 remold or dream earz aud5x at 515$

Well I figured these would be my footsteps into the door. And if I like them enough then I'll opt for the Starkey SA-43 when I can afford to. Just from reading reviews the SA-43 just screams my type of custom :). I think its the IE8 of customs but without the weaknesses.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #27 of 72

Quote:
Well I figured these would be my footsteps into the door. And if I like them enough then I'll opt for the Starkey SA-43 when I can afford to. Just from reading reviews the SA-43 just screams my type of custom :). I think its the IE8 of customs but without the weaknesses.

i stayed away from that review on purpose. i tend to want things i know id like lol

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #30 of 72
so theres no group buy i take it? cant find anything on it.

is the self molding from kozee really doable/good? I found a highly recommended audiologist in beverly hills but she charges 75 for the mold alone.

either way, kozee reshell (125?) + molding (75) + headphones (100) = still only 300, which seems like a damn good deal for customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back