UE TF10s have finally worn out... what next?
May 6, 2017 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CaptHowie

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

So I've been out of the headphone game for a fair while, since I settled on the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro and Sennheiser HD580 for my listening setup. Unfortunately, the TF10s have worn out after putting in a valiant effort, with the cable terminal wearing out to the point where the cable just comes loose immediately. I know its an option to get them reshelled, but I thought I'd also look into alternatives, because I'm sure the technology has progressed forward quite a bit since I bought them in 2009/10.

At the moment, I'm especially considering the Sennheiser IE80s, but I thought I'd get a few different opinions to have a better idea of what's out there at the moment. I mainly listen to indie/alternative rock and electronic, with occasional hip hop and classical. A better idea of my listening can be found on my Last.fm profile. I'm prepared to put a reasonable amount of money towards them, as the TF10s have lasted a long time and I expect this pair too as well. I loved the sound signature of the TF10s, and anything similar to the fun I get out of them would be fantastic; I love my HD580s too, so I also appreciate the Sennheiser sound. I've used dynamic IEMs in the past, but of course I've been using the TF10s for the last few years, and I guess I'm just lost with all the choice and looking where to go next. Thanks in advance!

May 14, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 2
Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back