UE TF 10, should I add a driver(s)?
Mar 11, 2011 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lostcase

Head-Fier
Got my impressions done yesterday and about to send them off to Fisher at InEarz to be reshelled.  However, since I am getting customs, I'm thinking, might as well go all the way and get some drivers added.

I am no audiophile..yet 
wink.gif
.. but I think my TF's 10 sound great as it is.  However, I am sure the sound can improve.  What would be some good recommendations? 

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 6
Unless Fisher have changed their policy they don't add drivers.

You'd need to go to UM China if you decided to add a driver.... though I'm happy to be corrected.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #3 of 6
Could have sworn they had a pricing sheet that showed driver upgrades, maybe I'm mistaken, I will contact them directly.  

I know UM does them,
Re-shell & Upgrade to 4 Drivers

$279.00"

But I don't feel like sending them overseas.  

update:

Just called them, spoke to Kaysen, she said no. :frowning2: 

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 6
In all honesty if I were to reshell, I would add drivers. If you are reshelling, you aren't going to have your TF10 sound sig anymore. So now you have a new pair of headphones. Essentially the sound stage is a little smaller after you reshell (not a LOT but its still a noticeable difference) also sound sig is different. This is from what I have experienced. Some others may have not experienced the same thing. The least you can do is take care of those recessed mids that the 2 low drivers kind of lack in. However, if you are going with fisher you don't really have a choice now do you"?

Harris

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 6
I like to do things right the first go around.  I know I will be kicking myself when I get them back and notice the sound signature off.  That's if I go with fisher.   

This reshelling process has taken me months, heh.   At first I was going to get molds locally and send them off.  Then I had a road trip planned, and was going to go stop by Fisher to have them do the molds and reshelling.  Never made it to Florida, just to South Carolina, got molds there.  Now I'm back in NJ and was just about to ship my stuff to Fisher.  Now I'm thinking, just wait it out a bit longer until I have some extra cash and possibly consider UM.  Shesh.. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 6
How drastic is the sound signature change? I have read similar things. I've been thinking of the UM reshelled tf10 for the future, but I do like how they sound right now. Just hate the massive housing!

If you had to say, which would you prefer more, TF10 or UM reshelled TF10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back