UE 700 vs phonak audeo pfe 1xx or the new perfect bass
Jul 14, 2010 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

beacon1993

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi community.
I am looking for a new pair of headphones.
The UE 700 cost 90 euro.
the new Audeo Pfe are going to cost 80 euro.

I know that we dont now yet how the new earphones sound like, but the people who alrdeay own a pfe's could tell me if they are better then the ue 700's.

The music I like to listen to is Jazz, electronic music and pop.

What I really like about the UE's is that they are very small.

Thanks for you advise.

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 7
That's a very interesting question. I'm currently facing the same decision... and just ordered the new Audéo. The UE700 however, are incredible small and look so much nicer. Maybe someone who have listened to both the (old) Audéo and the UE700 can give a comparision?

EDIT: I ended up ordering the UE700 too. Guess I have to write a comparative review as soon as have listened to both
redface.gif

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 7
i have ue 700.

they are a bit pricey, and offer a very good details in mids and highs.
the lows are fast and a accurate.

with ue 700, you will feel like you are there in the stage with the performers.
the singer is singing an inch away to your ears.

they offer clarity and 3d effect.

they are nice for its asking price.

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi pinoyman,

where did you purchase this? are you from the Philippines?

LOuie
Quote:
i have ue 700.

they are a bit pricey, and offer a very good details in mids and highs.
the lows are fast and a accurate.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Alright, I've listened now to both the PFE 012 and the UE 700 back and forth and here are my first impressions:

- the PFE sound very smooth overall, with an emphasis on the bass. The bass is very tight and precise but maybe a little bit too much for my taste (but I generally have a preference for neutral monitor-like sound signatures)
- the PFE have slighly more bass extension than the UE
- the UE clearly have the edge on treble extension. Though the specs say 10-16.5khz they go up to about 19khz, while the PFE deliver exactly the 17khz stated in the specs.
- maybe because of this the UE have a more "open", spacious sound but are also more prone to sibilants

It's really a close call. I'm going to write more when I have compared them more thoroughly...

UPDATE: as impressive as the UE are, they are not very well behaved for the kind of party they are in. When the initial enthusiasm concerning their sparkling heighs has gone away, you'll sooner or later notice a harshness, especially on female vocals. I hunted that harshness down to a huge resonant spike @ 8khz. If you eq that spike out, they will sound much smoother and compare well with the PFE - I don't think, however, that such a pricey IEM should have this kind of flaw.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 7
yes, sorry for the too late reply.

i still have my ue700 and still the best iem for me.
even than the triple fi.

i am from the philippines yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back