UE 4 Pro or JH-5's
Jul 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

stevey69

New Head-Fier
hi, im torn apart between ue 4's and jh'5s. ive heard that ue4s offer 1yr warranty while jh5s offer 2yr warranty. besides that, im looking for a bit of bass since i listen to trance/techno/psy/hardcore. i cant seem to make up my mind. i have already got my ear impressions done . here are the specs:
UE 4: Input Sensitivity: 108db @ 1mw

Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 15,000 Hz

Impedance: 17.5 ohms at 1 kHz

Internal Speaker Configuration: 2 proprietary precision balanced armatures

Noise Isolation: -26dB

Input Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) Gold plated

JH-5's - Frequency response : 20 Hz to 17kHz
Input sensitivity : 119dB @ 1mW
Impedance : 21 Ohms

I dont know a lot about custom IEM's but im sure that im not interested in universal IEMs. please help

Steve

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 64
no one has really commented on either one yet I would be forced to believe they are pretty similar and competitive to each other. I would go with the jh-5's since they offer a better warranty and whatnot but they are sort of swamped by orders at the moment.
Brad

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 64
Jul 3, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 64
i dont mind waiting. ive heard that ue's customer service has gone down the drain and im not interested in giving them money if im not going to get proper service from them now or later. also, im not sure if they both carry the same drivers or they are different. i remember JH5's used to be 600$ ish before and now the price has dropped in relation to ue4s.

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no one has really commented on either one yet I would be forced to believe they are pretty similar and competitive to each other. I would go with the jh-5's since they offer a better warranty and whatnot but they are sort of swamped by orders at the moment.
Brad

im very jealous of your jh-13s.

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 64
The JH5's were always $399, But i would say go for the Jh5. Better warranty, awesome customer service. What's more, a new product from a new company from the same person who founded the old company. Hmmm i would think that Jerry would only design a monitor that is better than what his old company designed. Also, Jerry's drivers are custom made for his monitors, i'm pretty sure the UE4's driver are custom made for UE too. So they do have different drivers. Also, the UE4 comes with a cardboard box, while the JH5's come with a Carbon Fibre box. Your choice.

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 64
I just saw the box. That's a pretty nice looking box!

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH5's were always $399

Yes and no. When Jude announced the JH Audio line-up and the prices of the different models, the JH5 ($599) was priced like the UE5 ($600). Before JH Audio could actually launch its new line of customs, though, UE came up with the UE4 for $399. When it finally came out, the JH5 was the only custom Jude had announced of which the price had changed. "Coincidentally," the new price was aligned on the cheapest of UE's offerings.

So it's very likely that the JH5 is $200 cheaper than first intended, thanks to UE.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha! the proof is in the box! cheers maodi.

Yes. I agree HAHA!

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 64
could anyone link me to the box ? lol ... i emailed jerry about the 5s and this is what he has to say

"The 5s are a very solid earpiece. They have been around since 95 with many
improvements over the years. These have a good bass response and an extended
high end with good detail in the mix. Since they only have one high and one
low they don't have the headroom of a 3,4 or 6 driver earpiece. But they
sound really good and under normal use bass won't be an issue."

now.... ive got a new contender in my dilemma..... sleek audio sa 6 + w-1 wireless kit... or the 5s... sleeks cost about 300$ .... 5s will cost me 400+50$ impressions and maybe more if i want custom artwork.. my question is, is it worth the money & the trouble?

Steve

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevey69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could anyone link me to the box ? lol ... i emailed jerry about the 5s and this is what he has to say

"The 5s are a very solid earpiece. They have been around since 95 with many
improvements over the years."

Since 95? I thought he was using all-new drivers? (I don't think new drivers just count as an "improvement.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back