UD-10 USB Audio Converter
Mar 4, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #166 of 240
I haven't had any problems controling the volume from within windows with or without asio, even when it says beyond logic. The only application is when foobar is set to use aiso and you dont have the resampler set then there is no sound.

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #167 of 240
I use the Trends UD-10 unit. I also use the USB-AUDIO ASIO driver with no problems.Foobar and Winamp are the players I use the most. You can access the USB-AUDIO panel through Winamp's Output devices in preferences. Make your changes from there. It will effect Foobar as well. I can get 44.1 or 48 khz
output from the Trends UD-10 just from upsampling through foobar.

The USB-Audio control panel recognizes the change and shows it in its own control panel. I've also used ASIO4ALL and the kernal streaming. Nothing sounds as good as the USB-AUDIO ASIO IMHO.

The others still seem to use the Kmixer, unlike the USB-AUDIO which bypasses the window audio.sys..Be warned.. It will lock out all volume controls and any other audio associated with windows.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #169 of 240
Here's the site http://www.usb-audio.com/. It cost me around $65 USD. That price varies since the American dollar has been crappy lately. There's a demo version that you can download to see if the program will work with your system. By the way, anyone else using their UD-10 with a external linear power supply?

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #170 of 240
High-Q and Ultraviolet,

How long does it take to get it shipped? My UD-10 was shipped out Feb 22 (airmail option) and I still didn't see it yet.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by High-Q /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ultraviolet,

I just got my UD-10 & Zhaolu D2.5a today. I'm using my laptop as source. After I installed foobar and Asio4all everything worked just fine. The signal goes from laptop to ud-10 to zhaolu (coax) and then into my pre-amp/power-amp speaker rig.

When I follow the same steps you describe I also get the red Beyond Logic logo, but I still have sound and I can still see everything is running in 44.100hz.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #171 of 240
Does anyone know if the optical on UD-10 is in or out? I am assuming out as I couldnt get sound going digital out from my extigy to the UD-10

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #173 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the optical on UD-10 is in or out? I am assuming out as I couldnt get sound going digital out from my extigy to the UD-10

of course it's digital OUT
blink.gif

only IN is the USB..... hence USB transport...

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #175 of 240
Does anyone have the instructions for charging the battery pack?

Do you charge the rechargable battery pack with the supplied AC Adapter?
Does the power switch have to be ON to charge?

Thanks

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #176 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have the instructions for charging the battery pack?

Do you charge the rechargable battery pack with the supplied AC Adapter?
Does the power switch have to be ON to charge?

Thanks

Yes, to both - use the ac adapter to charge the battery pack, and it must be switched ON to charge. When charged the led will change from RED to GREEN, at which point you turn the switch OFF.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #178 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, to both - use the ac adapter to charge the battery pack, and it must be switched ON to charge. When charged the led will change from RED to GREEN, at which point you turn the switch OFF.

that's what i do.... except i don't bother touching the switch... it's always ON (i'd think the charger is smart enough to STOP charging once it's full, hence the changing colours of the LED)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanfeng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Windows Direct Sound be bit perfect? Are you guys serious? Can anyone explain it a bit?

it seems like sound through the USB goes through a different DLL (or what not) because i'm able to playback 44.1kHz DTS WAV by selecting "DS : USB Audio DAC" (which is direct sound: trends ud-10) to my receiver

i've gotta ton of 44.1kHz DTS/AC3 files, and they all work perfectly in directsound (i was surprised too, since i've always thought KS/ASIO was needed to bypass the kmixer)

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #179 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks. Sort of a dummy question but I plugged the ac adapter to the battery pack and the ac adapter led is GREEN already. I assume the battery pack is charged then (but the battery is new).

Once I plug the battery pack to the DC in on the UD-10, the blue light doesnt light up anymore. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #180 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhifibasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High-Q and Ultraviolet,

How long does it take to get it shipped? My UD-10 was shipped out Feb 22 (airmail option) and I still didn't see it yet.

Thanks,

Hi Happyhifibasten,

I ordered my UD-10 in the Netherlands. www.crafty.nl used to be a trends audio dealer, but he stopped doing business with the chinese supplier I think. He still had some in stock, so I got it the next day
smily_headphones1.gif

High-Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back