UC Berkeley or Bay area head-fiers
Mar 3, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #151 of 184
Quote:

Originally posted by SFbayArch
Count another head-fier here..
I can be seen occasionally walking/running up and down college avenue in the Rockridge area with my KSC-50s or Grado SR 60s and my Cowon iAudio Cw-200.
I'll catch myself straining my neck to see what others have on, only to be met with a 'what the hell's your problem' glare !

smily_headphones1.gif

that happens to me all too often. or when i'm staring at a pretty girl wearing headphones... i'm staring at the headphones, honest!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2003 at 11:23 AM Post #152 of 184
I'm in north Oakland, just a few blocks west of rockridge. I really don't have a portable setup - if I do take phones out, it's usually to the laundromat to drown out the noise (ER6 comes in handy for that). I have to admit I have caught myself looking a little too intently at someone to figure out what headphones they're wearing, though
biggrin.gif
. I nearly started a conversation with someone at the laundromat just because he was wearing Grados. Heck, I probably should've, it was probably one of you! (laundromat on the corner of telegraph and 60 or 59th sound familiar?
biggrin.gif
)

Anyway, nanahachi said he'd try and give me advanced notice next time a meet is planned around here - I work retail so I don't get the usual saturday/sunday weekend. Hopefully I should have a Gilmore V2 by the next meet, and I'll also bring my Sony CE775 along - everyone should hear SACD, even if it is on a lower end model
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 7:40 AM Post #153 of 184
New member here, though I'm already eyeing a couple hundred dollars of equipment. When is the Bay Area economy going to recover? Otherwise Alessandro or Grado would have their hands in my wallet already. Sennheiser got there first though.

Anyway, if there are any up-in-coming Bay Area meets keep me posted.

Apr 2, 2003 at 8:44 AM Post #154 of 184
We do need to have another soon I think
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't host unfortunatly but certainly would love to attend again. Had a blast at the last one.

Apr 3, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #156 of 184
It's just gotta be in a week or two at the soonest since I'll have my META42 and Grado 325's by then too
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #158 of 184
Quote:

Originally posted by Talitmon
Has this meet happened yet. I'm a little late in on the loop
here, and just curious.

If it has already happened, does anyone have details
of the meet?

Thanks!!

Nah, I don't believe there's been a meet recently. Hopefully soon.

Apr 12, 2003 at 8:48 AM Post #160 of 184
Quote:

Originally posted by drewski
Sorry gang, this happened earlier this year... As far as I know, no plans have been started to arrange another meet in the very near future. Here's the link to the first one http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=25059

Correct!...but why haven't we begun plans for another?
wink.gif

I'll volunteer to play taxi for ppl without cars if they're somewhat between pleasanton and wherever we end up meeting. I can haul 3 other's and a reasonable amount of gear.

Senn 580 - Present
Grado 325 - Present
Erix's Uberbad META - Present

biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #161 of 184
I'm down for another meet. I'll be in town in a week... could we do it somewhere in Berkeley? If we can't use someone's house/appartment, I'm sure we could get a room somewhere at Cal.

I'll have some 600's, Sony V6, Grado 225, META42, and a few portable players.

Apr 15, 2003 at 6:32 PM Post #163 of 184
Okay. Those Gilmores should arrive in about a week. I bet they sound reall good. Maybe we have a meet sometime in the start of May? Anyone interested in hosting? I'll have some upgrade parts for my META (or your Gilmore.... some nice potentiometers, good rca jacks, silver wire), Grado 225s, HD 600's, SOny V6.

Apr 16, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #164 of 184
Hrm, I'd be interested though I don't have much gear. I did get some used AKG-501's and a used old TAH that I could bring... Oh, and for LobsterSan I could bring the theremin (if I ever get it working...) if people are interested.

TA

Apr 16, 2003 at 10:33 PM Post #165 of 184
Hi All! I'm pretty new to this forum, and unfortunately see that I missed out on the last Berkeley gathering in Jan. If there's another one in the vicinity though, I'll be there! Always looking to try out some new headphones! ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back