UC Berkeley mini-meet
Jun 6, 2004 at 10:35 AM Post #76 of 80
I owned a ppa for awhile, the design is such that there is a hiss present with low impedence phones, most frequently noticed with a cheap power supply. The sound quality itself is excellent though. I am looking for a tube amp myself right now.

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #77 of 80
Actually, after reading some reviews and impressions lately, I have my sights set on the PPX-3. Sounds like a great amp to go with my Senns at a price that won't do permanent damage to my wallet
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #78 of 80
Can you guys give impressions of the Grace 901 compared to the Benchmark DAC1?

PS - A bit OT but all those pics of Neil Peart, I'm pretty surprised at how young he looks. I recall Rush was pretty popular back in the early 80s, so I figured Neil would be in his late 40s or early 50s, but he certainly looks younger than that in the pics.

Jun 7, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #79 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog
PS - A bit OT but all those pics of Neil Peart, I'm pretty surprised at how young he looks. I recall Rush was pretty popular back in the early 80s, so I figured Neil would be in his late 40s or early 50s, but he certainly looks younger than that in the pics.

It's the drumming thing, all the blood flow lets him keep his youthful appearance!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back