Typing one handed or: How I Learned To Be Careful On A Snowy Evening
Jan 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 86
Ouch! Good luck in surgery. Let us know how the tendon is after surgery. Hate to break it to you, but that finger may never be the same. I mean, you'll be able to use it, but it'll probably be crooked or something. Lol. It'll add character.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #18 of 86
Good luck in surgery and yes, it will add character.
smily_headphones1.gif
At least your ears are fine.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #19 of 86
Thanks! As long as I have all of my fingers intact, I don't really care how it looks. Luckily I don't really use my ring and pinky fingers as much as the others.

I just changed my bandages and they're already looking better. The wounds are healing nicely with no signs of infection. I kind of wish I had the surgery today since at this rate, they'll have to re-open the wound on my ring finger.

My whole life I've been a finger-cracker. It'll be hard to break old habits with these two fingers...
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #20 of 86
Jan 30, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #21 of 86
I'm sorry for asking, but I don't get how your fingers got cut open so badly.

Did you fall on something sharp that cut your fingers open.

The reason I ask is because, when I fall down, I usually just get scraped.

Even if I fell on my hand or finger, the skin is usually flexible enough that the skin stays intact.

But I don't get how your fingers just split open like that.

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #22 of 86
Perhaps a beer bottle broke and cut him? It could also just be gravel or the concrete.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #24 of 86
Yeesh. Sorry to hear that.
Had two fractures, right arm, Radius and Ulna. First time, I was tripped accidentally by one of my "comrades" back in China. Laws, insurance, whatever. Second time, I was biking after some freezing rain over metal sheets with slick tires and... same place. The bones didn't heal fully after the 1st one, so this one fractured at the exact same place. Will pretty much get amputated if there's a 3rd time, Doc already wanted to amputate by the 2nd time. Calcium absorption problems, whatever.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #25 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry for asking, but I don't get how your fingers got cut open so badly.

Did you fall on something sharp that cut your fingers open.

The reason I ask is because, when I fall down, I usually just get scraped.

Even if I fell on my hand or finger, the skin is usually flexible enough that the skin stays intact.

But I don't get how your fingers just split open like that.

I think that half of the bottle broke when I fell, then my hand landed on the half that was still standing up, and the bottle made these deep cuts. The force of my hand probably shattered the rest of the bottle, which would make me lucky since if that didn't happen I'd have no fingers right now. At least no glass or gravel got stuck inside my fingers!
redface.gif

3602-
Ouch! Take special care of your arm. Right now I have pretty much no use of my dominant hand, since even flexing my index and middle fingers tends to hurt my injured ones... and everything is incredibly hard. But it sounds like you've already experienced what it's like to only have the use of one arm.
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #29 of 86
Sounds rough, I hope the surgery will fix you up well and not be too painful.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #30 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sliced open my pinky on a corn stalk. The surgery was probably the most painful experience of my life.

Why was it so painful? Did they give you anesthesia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back