Tyll's retirement, sad day for the community.
May 13, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #16 of 30
Perhaps change the title of the thread to "sad day"? Tyll's made his choice in life and we should all respect it and be thankful for the huge amount of work he's done for the community.

May 13, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #17 of 30
Shouldn't you have a big-time passion doing what he did for so long? It's not like something arduous is required of you, you're just listening to headphones. I understand retiring from reviews and responsibilities, but listening to headphones is supposed to be for pleasure. Makes me have some big questions. He did say explicitly that he's limited by power, but even so I think the Focal Clear might be on par with the Aeons to drive, he seems to like it a lot based on his review, and yet.

May 14, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #21 of 30
every story reaches an end. all the best to Tyll for the new adventure on the road

May 15, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #22 of 30
His new headphones are ready....

7HM9.gif

May 23, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #24 of 30
Watched the whole video and loved it. Found him to be more wistful than sad but also seemed genuinely at peace..............

May 28, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #25 of 30
When you know it is time, it is time. Great choice Tyll has made, I would love to do the same thing someday. I have benefitted greatly from his knowledge and passion and I hope in some small way to take some of his teachings and enthusiasm for this amazing hobby and pass it down the line. Thank you again Tyll, now go enjoy that well earned retirement. Very sad that our hearing declines with age. I stopped going to rock concerts about 4 years ago to preserve what I have left. Again, thank you Tyll, I may not have always agreed with your preferences, but I always respected your approach and your professionalism.

May 31, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #26 of 30
Holy crap! That is a huge loss. I'm so grateful to have been able to follow him since the beginning of my interest in high end headphones. There's going to be a massive void left which I am not sure anyone will have the expertise and qualifications to fill. Tyll was literally a professional who was involved in the audiophile scene, at important events, interacting with higher ups in the industry. He had access to basically every new high end headphone which was released, and had the testing equipment and expertise to tell you exactly what that headphone does. Filling his shoes would be a massive challenge. My hats off to this most supremely respectable of men.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #27 of 30
Woops, didn't se this other thread here. Thanks for all the well wishes, guys, really appreciate it.

I will write/video something from the road, but not sure what it will be. I'll let y'all know about it when it happens.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #30 of 30
Tyll has enjoy the hobby, and he'll stay in touch with it I'm sure -- but fancy cans / ultimate setup probably don't appeal to him. Tyll was in this for the principle of the matter. It was an enthusiasm that turned into a cause. He's done his thing. It's time to look for joy elsewhere in life, so he's striking out and hitting the road. One shouldn't feel sad for him. It's a loss for us, yes, but he deserves his next adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back