Two shots of my Alessandro MS Pros
Sep 12, 2004 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

NKT

Head-Fier
I cannot say enough how impressed I am with these phones. Coming from Ety 4p's, I'm getting a whole ton more air, space, and impact with each note. I've only had them for about two or three weeks so far, so I'll post some more detailed notes about them in the near future. But, here are a couple shots to get the juices flowin'
rs1smile.gif

33744900.jpg

33744902.jpg

Sitting on top of the Meridian 551 integrated amp (which doubles as my headamp and my Triangle Titus 202 amp), and Scott Nixon Tubedac+ in the back. Enjoy!

Sep 12, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 20
I was about to ask for opinions on a headphone upgrade. My desire was to find a set of cans that would give me the best of the HD600's and Ety 4Ps in a single can. Sounds like this would be a contender! I like the warmth of the Senns and man, do I like the detail and impact of the ety's. Just hearing your brief description and seeing those pics has me drooling bigtime!

Sep 12, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 20
congrats on your new cans .
I dream sometime about getting a grado , I can't choose for the moment among 225 , ms2 , rs1 and ms pro . every one of them seem to be the good one .

hint wanted
confused.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:50 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
Great photos!
rs1smile.gif
But the wood color seems to be a little different, why is so?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes the wood looks much yellower and lighter than the two pairs i have seen in the wood... much prefer how the others looked, this looks as if it has a cheap stain on it
frown.gif

-jake

Sep 13, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #9 of 20
It's probably my uncalibrated monitor that's making the wood appear lighter on your screens. It's a pretty rich wood color on my screen... and definitely not cheap looking
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 20
Actually, the more I look at old pictures of MS Pro's, the more I'm beginning to think my color resembles the RS-1's more closely (more yellowish-brown color than than that reddish dark color other MSPro's seem to have_. Could Alessandro have changed their wood or staining method? Hmmmm....will have to investigate...

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 20
I've sent Alessandro an email asking them, hopefully they'll respond shortly.
smily_headphones1.gif
Regardless of color, I still have to say these phones sound pretty damn good.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #14 of 20
UPDATE: Quick reply from the Alessandro folks,
"They haven't changed, there is no stain and the Mahogany can vary in color."

I guess that answers that?

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT
UPDATE: Quick reply from the Alessandro folks,
"They haven't changed, there is no stain and the Mahogany can vary in color."

I guess that answers that?

I also heard that their old wood carver passed away (RUMOUR) so this might attribute to a different selection of Mahoghany? As a tonewood the appearance is not as important, if at all - it's a preference of the carver only. The previous carver probably just liked the look of darker wood. At least you didn't get a one word answer like "leather."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back