Two shots of my Alessandro MS Pros
Sep 14, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #16 of 20
The type used on MS Pro might be the African Mahogany, it's the most used mahogany type.

As you can see from this link, mahogany color range is from "light pink to reddsih brown and tannish brown).

A change in color for oil based vs. water based Mahogany.

Lastly, the different color is also made by various calibration of your monitor/scanner, etc.

Sep 14, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #17 of 20
Double post.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #18 of 20
Is there a difference of level among different color maghonies? Like a certain color's is better/of higher level than another? Or they're all completely the same in quality and the other aspects?

Sep 14, 2004 at 9:12 AM Post #19 of 20
thats strange that this same monitor that I have looked at pictures of these before on now looks remarkably different
confused.gif

Even now looking at a picture from the alessandro site... no way is it the monitor
confused.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
Is there a difference of level among different color maghonies? Like a certain color's is better/of higher level than another? Or they're all completely the same in quality and the other aspects?

In the guitar world, there is indeed better grade wood for resonance applications. Different types of mahogany, different cuts of wood from the same type of wood, etc. But I'm sure Grado has chosen the best cuts for their cups, so I wouldn't be worried. Lacquer/stain/UV spray doesn't really affect tone, unless there are like 2 inches of lacquer on there, which apparently there isn't. So no worries, there won't be enough of a difference in the carvings to make a sonic difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back