Two questions to you all
Jan 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ShooTa

Head-Fier
Am interested to see how the head-fi headphone community has changed since 2010
really with all the new non-beat a files who have joined us.

also - when did u last have your ears cleaned and tested?

should help - as im sure that theres plenty out there giving advice with bad hearing casued by wax buildup and hearing ruined by beats :p

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 9
Just this past august I had my ears cleaned and they were tested sometime last June or July, with flying colors.

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 9
Had my ears checked out and a hearing test just a couple of months ago. My hearing results were "Great for my age" according to the doctor. I just wish I could have back the hearing that I had in my 20's!

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 9
thanks chaps

forgot to say my last hearing test was back in the army - still after numerous times ending up next to machine guns fireing and other loud bangs my hearing was top notch - sadly im still fairly tone deaf :D

as for the cleaning - im going to be going in soon as its been a good six months and im sure that theres some cloggin up happening  after getting salt water in - as other surfers will be well accustomed to.

keep em coming.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 9
are you asking us to post our ages or to guess on what we think the average  age is on this forum ? I'm 53, but if I had to guess on an average, maybe 35 to 40 ish, but perhaps with the explosion in this hobby, the age might be under 30. I recently had my hearing tested and everything checked out great, I personally clean my own ears, and wouldn't waste the money paying a doctor to do such a simple thing. But to be fair, I'm a DIY'er,  tuning and maintaining my cars, doing all household repairs needed, building my own PC's etc, some feel more comfortable allowing "professionals" to service them, I just wouldn't count myself in that group.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 9
A small 36 for me,lol.

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 9

I have my hearing tested every 6 months as part of my job (part of which includes audio mixing and mastering). 

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 9
Ears cleaned once a year or depending maybe more often. As soon as I notice I can't hear my pants rustling when walking then it's time to think about it. What a difference it's surreal.

Hearing gets checked out at work once a year. So far perfect  ( 39  now ) thankfully.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 9
cheers guys - tis interesting seeing the age groups - alot of younger people around - which is kinda how i feel head-fi has changed over this last year
less of the old and bold
maybe they are all lurking in summit fi or have moved on to other sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back