Twisted Pear Buffalo Sabre DAC
Aug 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #901 of 1,284
I dont understand what you are trying to do?? are you just wanting to feed a stereo signal to the receiver?? or are you actualy wanting to get 5.1 or 7.1 out of the B32?? the former, you just feed it into whatever spare line input you have (not phono), if the latter, it is possible, but the B32 needs some serious tweaking to make it happen; as well as some programming. you will not get surround out of the B32 by just plugging it into a receiver.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #902 of 1,284
I would like to use the Bufallo not just for my Beta22 but for my TV, XBOX, everything to my surround sound speakers to get the improved sound, and just have the reciever decode the Dolby stuff. How is the best way to do this?

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #903 of 1,284
In its current design and with the supplied firmware the buff32 will not decode more than 2 channel audio.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #904 of 1,284
that was my point, perhaps I wasnt clear enough. there will perhaps be a tweakers build that will allow this sort of functionality, but it will NOT be a straight forward project.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #906 of 1,284
Ok, than nm, it was a shot n the dark. I love the sound of this thing and was hoping maybe somehow I could rig it to run through my other stuff as well.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #907 of 1,284
Ok I know this is a stupid question. I finished my B24 a few days ago and so I promised my friends a party where I could show off my sound system. Anyway I am having a little problem with the Buffalo32. Specifically I am not getting a lock on anything. I am feeding it via a TP USB reciver via SPDIF (thats ground and D0) into the SPDIF and ground of the buffalo. I have the jumper installed correctly on the USV board and the switch labeled SPDIF on the buffalo switched to on. I double checked my power supplies and everthing seems in order. Is there anything I am missing?

P.S. I am feeding it with a mac. So it should be just plug in and play right?

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #908 of 1,284
Did anyone finish the DAC? I'm still very curious of how it drives headphones (SE and balanced), especially low impedance phones. Would be great if it did a great job cos I'll save some bucks for the amp
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #911 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then do it
biggrin.gif

That lovely Beta22 could be getting in way
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #914 of 1,284
Sorry for the post earlier. It turns out I had the switch reversed on my B24 build which I just finished. It took me four hours to figure out that all I had to do was flip the switch to unbalanced. Needless to say it all works now. So far I am not all that impressed though I am using the volume reduction in itunes as my preamp is not complete and I dont have a Volumite.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #915 of 1,284
Well i got my b32 kit from the post office on saturday.
Put it together with coax from my soundcard directly into the spdif in of the b32
Must say it was very easy to put together and get working.
It is working fine feeding my hd650 via my homemade balanced cable.
Sounds quite refined but it did not blow me away.
Granted it is still naked on my table and i am doing my volume control in the digital domain in foobar.
Looking to get a parmetal case soon. (AUD being high is just awesome)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back