Twisted Pear Buffalo Sabre DAC
May 20, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #616 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stil no updates on a tweakers build Brian??

This is what I'm really hanging out for too~
I want to use the counterpoint discrete stage but... I think I heard this needs to be redesigned/modified for the new Buff32s. Is that true?

May 20, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #617 of 1,284
Quote:

I think I heard this needs to be redesigned/modified for the new Buff32s. Is that true?

The design is being updated, but not specifically for the ES9018, more of a general improvement.

More Buffalos for pre-order this weekend, btw.

May 20, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #618 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDonegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The design is being updated, but not specifically for the ES9018, more of a general improvement.

Holy smokes you built those up quick! Hope you get some downtime for compensation for your missed "vacation"
wink_face.gif

May 20, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #619 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy smokes you built those up quick! Hope you get some downtime for compensation for your missed "vacation"
wink_face.gif

Well, they aren't built yet, but all the pieces are ready. That's why they won't ship until end of June/beginning of July. the real kicker is all the power supply kits and such that need to be built as well.

Vacation was just going to be packing up the house for moving, which I still have to do. Busy busy busy.

May 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #620 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDonegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh that sounds good! ^^
I guess I'll just keep hang out for both of them to be avaliable~
When it's perfection you seek, patience is a virtue
wink.gif

May 21, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #623 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Built the vref mod board for the gen1 Buffalo, is 3.46V unloaded a good output for it?

On the data sheet for the chip is says 3.3V +/- 5% which comes out to be 3.465 on the high end so according to the specs it should be ok.

http://www.eflatjump.se/ES9008.pdf Its on page 14 under recommended operating conditions.

Btw mind sending me a pm and letting me know how much it improves the sound after you have it all hooked up?
wink.gif

May 21, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #624 of 1,284
I was trying to find the spec sheet for it, but had no luck. Thanks for the link! I'll hook it up and see how much it drops under load, along with having a quick listen with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back