Twisted Pear Buffalo Sabre DAC
Sep 29, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #331 of 1,284
@Ferrari

I'm still without a SOHA II board but I do have these.
atsmile.gif

Buff_Ivy.jpg

naamanf beat me to it, but here is the answer to your question (in metric)

Buff_PCB_Dim.jpg

Regards

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #334 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, with Ferrari and Naamanf both building Buffalos, there should be some gorgeous DACs to ogle soon.

I was thinking about building mine out of Lincoln Logs
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #337 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my buffalo up and running today, wahoo! It sounds pretty sweet now. I also have the opus dac.

I'm just letting the buffalo burn in a little.

please post your impressions. either one of these DACs will be my next project. we'll see if i can get-in on the next BSD buy.

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #338 of 1,284
Well it's a little early to tell as my opus has been played a lot so it siunds pretty good too. In my opus set up i have the reciever, dual mono dacs, metranome and ballsie. It does sound very nice.

The Buffalo uses the dac and the Ivy. At first i didn't think there was much in the two. I had only had the dac on an hour or so. But, after a while, there was quite a difference in the two. It's really hard to put my finger on why i like the buffalo more. It think it just literally has more sound than the opus. It seems to have more depth to it. Atleast at this point it does. I really need to run it little longer to be able to provide a better explanation.

Don't get me wrong, i think the opus is brilliant too.

Don't know if that vague description helps?
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #339 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's a little early to tell as my opus has been played a lot so it siunds pretty good too. In my opus set up i have the reciever, dual mono dacs, metranome and ballsie. It does sound very nice.

The Buffalo uses the dac and the Ivy. At first i didn't think there was much in the two. I had only had the dac on an hour or so. But, after a while, there was quite a difference in the two. It's really hard to put my finger on why i like the buffalo more. It think it just literally has more sound than the opus. It seems to have more depth to it. Atleast at this point it does. I really need to run it little longer to be able to provide a better explanation.

Don't get me wrong, i think the opus is brilliant too.

Don't know if that vague description helps?
confused_face_2.gif

I appreciate it, I have about the same OPUS set-up, just need the ballsie, so that was still very helpful.

Oct 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #341 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by glt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fault151, is your OPUS the 8740 or 8741? Thanks.

Its dual 8740. I know, since I built it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #345 of 1,284
Has anyone measured the vertical height of the assembled boards, both by themselves and stacked together? I've got a Hi-Fi 2000 case which measures 1 3/4"H x 9 1/4"H x 11 1/8"D and I'm trying to figure out just how much DAC I can cram into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back