Twisted D7000 cable. Help (?)
Sep 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spencexxx

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, does anyone have the same problem?  I just can't get it untwisted from the Y to the phones!  It "rolls" and twists.... and I feel like I"m the only one.  I did buy them used,  and there is a strange spot that looks like it was frayed and repaired.... maybe I got some one's cat-bitten pair?  They sound good.... but this cable things is making me mental...   anyone else?

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Is it possible you got one of the early pairs where the cup fell off, and when they remounted it, they didn't pay attention to whether the wire to the cup that fell off was twisted? I'm sorry, with such an expensive pair of headphones, that sounds like a bummer.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Yup... bummer alright, but at least they put it back on!  .... I'm no slouch... I guess I could take it back off and remount it without breaking it..... maybe I'll give that a shot!

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Yup... bummer alright, but at least they put it back on!  .... I'm no slouch... I guess I could take it back off and remount it without breaking it..... maybe I'll give that a shot!

Go for it! All evidence indicates that you would do a better job than whoever did it the first time.

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Hi, does anyone have the same problem?  I just can't get it untwisted from the Y to the phones!  It "rolls" and twists.... and I feel like I"m the only one. 

I just got a pair of D2000 and now know what you mean. Here's my solution:  Remove the head off a black seven inch zip tie and fold it in half forming a V. Position this at the base of the yoke and secure the top and bottom of each side with electrical tape. Looks very discrete. Now you have sort of stethescope  that no longer rolls on you. I have a photo of this but somehow I don't have permission to attach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back