tweezers
Apr 18, 2010 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Shoey Peachew

New Head-Fier
Sometimes my iem tips get stuck in my ear and today both of them got stuck and I had to walk around town with tips stuck in my ear. Can anyone recommend some portable tweezers? Preferably ones that fits on a keychain. These look pretty cool, but I'm open to suggestions.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 32
i can't tell if this is a joke or not. haha. something isn't right if they're getting stuck in your ears.. either you're pushing them in too far, or you're using the wrong tips.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 32
You're surely doing something wrong if you're getting tips lost in your ears. Inserting too far, wrong tips for the IEM, worn tips which don't grip, tips too large for your ear, something.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 32
Obvious troll is obvious...

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 32
tips too small????

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can't tell if this is a joke or not. haha. something isn't right if they're getting stuck in your ears.. either you're pushing them in too far, or you're using the wrong tips.

I guess I'm pushing them in too far, but that's how I get the best isolation and SQ from my Super.fi 5. I also use the smallest silicon tips that come with the iem's. Actually, if I'm careful I can usually wiggle them out slowly. However, after my swimming workout is when they tend to get stuck for some reason. As I was walking to get food I had to take them out to talk to someone and they got stuck in my ear. Now, I'm thinking a convenient pair of tweezers is a handy tool to have on me.

I should also mention, this is my first pair of IEM's that i use on a regular basis.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 32
Clean the tips and the mounting tubes on the earphones with alcohol or methylated spirits to remove any skin oils and you may find they do not slip off as much. Regarding a portable tip remover I have found the small alligator clip easily found in electronics stores work better than tweezers as they latch on very easily.
captureumfvjqohmb.jpg

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #14 of 32
actually this happens to me all the time when I'm using tri flange tips. I remember having to pick at it for a while before I got it out and people were all staring at me hahah.

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tadad1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
captureumfvjqohmb.jpg

this is a great suggestion. thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swimming exercise?

not sure what you're asking, but if you mean how my workout effects my issue I don't know maybe the chlorine and water gets rid of ear wax in my ear and the tips get stuck pretty tight. It pretty much happens everytime.

Anyway, this being my first set of iem's i've been practicing inserting a pulling them out. I think I've figured out by pushing the iem straight up they slip easily out of my ear.

thx again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back