tweezers
Apr 18, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by winkyeye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually this happens to me all the time when I'm using tri flange tips. I remember having to pick at it for a while before I got it out and people were all staring at me hahah.

I know there's nothing I could do about until I got home. Well, I thought it would be a good idea to bring some tweezers with me, but I think I got it figured out now.

Apr 18, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #17 of 32
Many swiss army knives come with tweezers.
http://www.swissarmy.com/images/Prod...16_sol_a02.jpg

But why the heck are you taking an IEM with you to swimming? You mean you used it after you finished swimming? Make sure you dried your ear completely. Maybe the air-water surface tension is pulling the tips?

Apr 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #18 of 32
lol, ok people's reading comprehensions skills are a little bit supect. Of course I don't wear them swimming. As I stated before it happens after my swim. All I was asking is if people carry tweezers with them. Anyway, it's 3:30am and I'm going back to watching F1 racing.

thx again for everyone's help!

Apr 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #19 of 32
This happened to me a lot when I was using the Shure E4. Cleaning or replacement tips would not help much, in the end I superglued the tips to the stems. Anyway, I do have some tweezers in a small Swiss army knife on my keychain, but I found they were too short and smooth to get a good grip on silicon tips. Instead I used the long pliers on my Leatherman. Worked well, but I probably looked like Frankenstein's monster adjusting its brain.
confused_face.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Oh wow. am I the only one this happens to. I feel pretty embarrassed now.

you are not alone. I actually lost on of my Rains tips yesterday... Ordered some sony hybrid tips for replacement (hope they fit well)

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #22 of 32
fyi, the swimming exercise is hopping on the opposite foot from the ear the tip is stuck in, with that ear is tilted towards the ground.

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fyi, the swimming exercise is hopping on the opposite foot from the ear the tip is stuck in, which that ear is tilted towards the ground.

Lol wut? Fyi i justngot done swimming and im sitting at tje library to get out of the rain. Will attempt my mew method pf extraction by pushing the iem straight up. Success! Now will this thread please die please

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #25 of 32
Personally I used to have this happen quite a lot with my Apple ADDIEM's, the solution in the end was simple, using a Q Tip I used a very small amount of clear aquarium silicone sealant to cement the silicone tips in place.

The sealant comes away easily from the IEM's to allow me to clean them and a small tube cost less than £4 and should outlast the IEM's.

Sounds mad, but works perfectly for me.

Certainly better than blindly stuffing something sharp and pointy into one's lughole
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #26 of 32
This happened to me on a regular basis with the PFE's. I actually dreaded forgetting my tweezers at home, because 9 times out of 10, when taking them out the silicone tip would get lodged in my ear.

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #27 of 32
This happened to me often enough with my Klipsch Custom 2s. I knew it could happen and was always careful enough when removing them, but then like yourself I bumped into someone I knew and yanked them out to talk, leaving the tips behind.
triportsad.gif

I didn't mind so much at first until I asked the person could they see the tip and they said no, then I realized "Crap, these things go in really far!!" I was a long way from the house, but luckily right across the road from a pharmacy so I popped in and bought a cosmetic tweezers there and then.

I used to always carry my iRiver and the 'phones about in the lovely Klipsch case, so I threw the tweezers in that and then always had it on me when using the risky Klipsch.

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by palmin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That keychain tweezer you have is too sharp for my ear. i just keep one in the car for splinters. my keychain only has stuff I need and that looks like a key. like this screwdriver, USB and pen. i don't want to look like a geek.

oh really, nuts I just bought some. I'm thinking I can dull the tweezer tips with a file or something. Those other keychain tools look cool too. I especially like the pen, but I have my eyes set on this one whenever it comes available. thx for the heads up.

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I used to have this happen quite a lot with my Apple ADDIEM's, the solution in the end was simple, using a Q Tip I used a very small amount of clear aquarium silicone sealant to cement the silicone tips in place.

The sealant comes away easily from the IEM's to allow me to clean them and a small tube cost less than £4 and should outlast the IEM's.

Sounds mad, but works perfectly for me.

Certainly better than blindly stuffing something sharp and pointy into one's lughole
bigsmile_face.gif

I also thought about using my tube of clear silicon. I'll have to give this some more thought. I know how messy silicon can be so this will be a last resort. Plus, I don't like the idea of putting goop on my iems. Hopefully the tweezers will work out.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoey Peachew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes my iem tips get stuck in my ear and today both of them got stuck and I had to walk around town with tips stuck in my ear. Can anyone recommend some portable tweezers? Preferably ones that fits on a keychain. These look pretty cool, but I'm open to suggestions.

Do you remember the few seconds (or minutes) of panic when you first get tips stuck in your ear?

All I can say is that maybe the tips are too small - it's been the case for me when it's happened (small Complys and small UE silicone - I pushed TripleFi 10 in sooo deep the first time!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back