TWag stranded UP-OCC silver wire - Whoa!!
Mar 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #467 of 551
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Craig. I have bought twag from Whiplash Audio, but the package have been lost in mail. As soon as I expressed my concerns about missing package, Craig has rushed me a replacement by Express Mail, which I have now successfully received. Thank you Craig for excellent service, and for a great product - TWAG. I really appreciate all the help and support you provided on the way.

Sincerely
Dmitry from Gatchina, Russia
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #468 of 551
That sounds just like Craig.

By the way Craig, it appears that I am missing that 2010 Jaguar X12 that you sent me. Would you mind sending me another one out as soon as possible.

Thanks, dude.

Mar 21, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #469 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by abyrvalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Craig. I have bought twag from Whiplash Audio, but the package have been lost in mail. As soon as I expressed my concerns about missing package, Craig has rushed me a replacement by Express Mail, which I have now successfully received. Thank you Craig for excellent service, and for a great product - TWAG. I really appreciate all the help and support you provided on the way.

Sincerely
Dmitry from Gatchina, Russia
smily_headphones1.gif

X2, Craig and his customer service are second to none!!

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #470 of 551
As my JH 16s are not yet here I was only able to test them with my UE TF10s swapping out the stack cable with them. I've hooked them up to my Shadow, which by now has about a 100+ hours of burn-in time. I happened to listen to the Michael Jackson Essentials CD2 tracks thru my iPod LOD. The tracks have been ripped at 320-bit AAC. I've heard these a number of times before...but I don't think I've ever heard them the way they now sounded. Everything was more detailed, precise and crisper in the entire audible spectrum. And this is using the TF10s...can't even imagine what the 16s can bring out of this gear!

I knew for a long time cables made a big difference, but I had no idea they could make this BIG of one. Like I suspect many previous customers, I had my doubts of shelling out the money for the 64" cable (almost a price of a 64GB iPod Touch), but I'm glad I made the decision. Hopefully, when I switch to the iMod, the source will improve further, but that's about a month away. Right now I'm using a 6th gen iPod Classic with the ALO 18 AWG LOD.

Thanks again, Craig! Great customer service and a fantastic cable!

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #471 of 551
Hi,

i have the same situation but i cant use Twag with Triple.fi how do you connect?cause i try and think the diameters on pins of Twag are bigger?

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #474 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ye its ok, i waiting for JH13 Pro so never mind..but i ask how he did it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, they are not a 100% fit, because the pins on the Twag are a bit longer. Having recognized it, I was still able to carefully push them about halfway in. Mind you, this was not meant to be a permanent solution. I simply wanted to test the cable as well as starting the burnin process until I my JH16s get here. I did not attempt to refile the pins or anyway modify them because I have no idea what the JH16s requirements are. Those will be the intended destination for these cables, this is just a stopgap solution.

But the connection is solid, I've been using them with no issues for the past few days. Again, the difference between the stock UE vi cable and the Twag is very substantial.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #475 of 551
I would like to contribute to the large amount of praise for these cables. For me though, I had my Twag terminated with a switchcraft right angle connector instead of the standard viablue. I like right angle better as I find it better for commuting and generally easier to manage.

As for sound differences, Craig told me it's a slightly warmer sound with a slight compression on soundstage compared to the viablue. I found it a fair compromise, although I can't really compare since I'd need another twag with viablue heh. However, my impressions have pretty much been the same as everyone else, at 100 hours of burn in I really can't imagine how these can get better. With the stock cable, the JH13's were decently impressive, but Twag is blowing my mind
darthsmile.gif
And this is unamped through my Zune with 320kbps files or my laptop with FLAC files!

Extremely happy with this cable overall, although I have to send my JH13's for another refit soon, it's gonna be a painful wait..

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #478 of 551
perhaps the upcoming Shure 535/435? i know they're likely use a proprietary plug and the thought of spending just as much on a cable as the ears themselves might not work for everyone but it could be an option if you get the plugs.

Also livewires/sleek audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back