TWag stranded UP-OCC silver wire - Whoa!!
Feb 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #451 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there were, we would need a "Craig's List" to keep track
evil_smiley.gif

That was funny!!!
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #452 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We'll see after the Protector is released whether the Protector is on the same level.

I was hoping Craig would comment as I thought Ray had sent him a Protector to listen to with his cable as they were developed. Craig, any insight?????

Im hoping its close, i doubt it will be quite the same though, since its roughly a 1/7th the cost. but heres to hoping
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #453 of 551
Friend borrow me his TWag cable and after two weeks of burn in and 2 days of auditioning and comparing to stock cable, I can say I'm impressed what can just different cable do to headphones. Sound is now really great.

But I'm not going to buy TWag now, but after I get better dac and amp, TWag(or cable avalable in that time) will be next purchase.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 27, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #455 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was funny!!!
tongue.gif

"Funny" is Or is it "Fungus"?
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #456 of 551
Well, after 300 hours, no unicorns for me I'm afraid. I just switched back and forth several times between the TWag and stock, and the difference wasn't huge imho. Don't get me wrong, there is an improvement, albeit small. Bass is slightly deeper and fuller. Cymbals sound tinnier and not as forward using the stock cable. This is just a brief impression. Switching out the cables constantly can't be good for the sockets. I'm gonna keep on using the TWag though.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #457 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after 300 hours, no unicorns for me I'm afraid. I just switched back and forth several times between the TWag and stock, and the difference wasn't huge imho. Don't get me wrong, there is an improvement, albeit small. Bass is slightly deeper and fuller. Cymbals sound tinnier and not as forward using the stock cable. This is just a brief impression. Switching out the cables constantly can't be good for the sockets. I'm gonna keep on using the TWag though.

Maybe your backyard just isnt big enough? or you have the wrong kind of grass?

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #458 of 551
I left a pile of sugar cubes. *sigh* they still elude me.

Perhaps I just don't recognize the unicorn?? Since I'll be parting ways with the TWag today to get it reterminated, I have time to get use to the stock cable again. After that, I'll reevaluate my impressions.

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #459 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I left a pile of sugar cubes. *sigh* they still elude me.

Perhaps I just don't recognize the unicorn?? Since I'll be parting ways with the TWag today to get it reterminated, I have time to get use to the stock cable again. After that, I'll reevaluate my impressions.

If you are going balanced, I think the capabilities of the cable and your IEM will show themselves but I would still keep the suger cubes out.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #460 of 551
Yep, goin' balanced.
My mistake in my initial review was that I did it right after a long listening session. I think my ears needed a break first. Just put them on after a couple hours and they sound anemic now. Bass lacks punch, mids also receded. I miss my TWag already.
frown.gif

"Don't know whatcha got, 'til it's gawwoooooooooone."

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #461 of 551
Every piece of equipment can gain a "memory" for the sound. Once you switch back to the stock cable and listen for a bit than return to the TWag, usually the differences are very obvious. If you did not hear that much difference, that I think you would be the first out of about 400 to say that!!! hahaahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously, I hope you enjoy the difference.

Craig

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #463 of 551
Craig,

Sorry if this question had been covered previously, but I would like to clarify this as much as possible in advance before I order a Twag cable. I have a preorder for a pair of JH16Pros and those will be my first customs. Are you planning to release any special replacement for those vs. the currently available one all these JH13Pro owners are raving about?

Please clarify, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #464 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig,

Sorry if this question had been covered previously, but I would like to clarify this as much as possible in advance before I order a Twag cable. I have a preorder for a pair of JH16Pros and those will be my first customs. Are you planning to release any special replacement for those vs. the currently available one all these JH13Pro owners are raving about?

Please clarify, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

From what I understand, you should have no problem with my cable and the JH16's.....

Order away!
Craig

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #465 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I understand, you should have no problem with my cable and the JH16's.....

Order away!
Craig

Thanks for the quick response, Craig. Please ignore the email I just sent you on the same topic. I'll place an order tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back