TWag stranded UP-OCC silver wire - Whoa!!
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #181 of 551
I have test tones in a .zip file if you want it.

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #184 of 551
My cable now has 160 hours of burn-in and tonight I have decided to try it for the first time with the ALO Rx amp and the result is simply out of this world, the sound is so clean and clear. The highs are crisp without any hint of brightness. With the OEM cable and the Rx amp, I have always thought that the sound was slightly too bright and clinical for my tastes but with the TWag it's not the case anymore. The bass is deep and extended, textured and layered with palpable weight, body, and slam. WOW!!!

I will post more comments after 300 hours of burn-in.

4204392597_96197eecd4_o.jpg

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #185 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My cable now has 160 hours of burn-in and tonight I have decided to try it for the first time with the ALO Rx amp and the result is simply out of this world, the sound is so clean and clear.
eek.gif
The highs are crisp without any hint of brightness. With the OEM cable and the Rx amp, I have always thought that the sound was slightly too bright and clinical for my tastes but with the TWag it's not the case anymore. The bass is deep and extended, textured and layered with palpable weight, body, and slam. WOW!!!

I will post more comments after 300 hours of burn-in.

4204392597_96197eecd4_o.jpg

next youre gonna tell me the cables got rid of the hiss thats is present with the Rx??

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #187 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately no
frown.gif

i feel bad for you, but it means i still made the right decision to get the Pico Slim instead of the Rx. i just have to wait...till who knows when...but back on topic, the TWag cable is freakin gorgeous, the wood splitter really knocks it out of the park! way to go craig
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #188 of 551
a good resistance adapter solves that issue I have no faith that the pico slim is going to be better then the Rx...the real thing to wait for now is balanced portables but anyways back on topic...TWag is burnin on some pink noise right now really can't wait to have 300 hours already lol

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #189 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i feel bad for you, but it means i still made the right decision to get the Pico Slim instead of the Rx. i just have to wait...till who knows when...but back on topic, the TWag cable is freakin gorgeous, the wood splitter really knocks it out of the park! way to go craig
smily_headphones1.gif

The hiss is very minimal, it's not really the end of the world.

I don't know if the Slim will be better than the Rx but for my tastes, the Rx is much better than the original Pico with the JH13s.

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #191 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[qoute]Thumbs up for Craig. Super fast service!!! I only needed to ask just ONCE and i got my tracking number!

Your cable will probably arrive same time as my JH 13s now!!! Made me such a happy man...however my pico.....sigh.

instead of the username :super_fied, after you get your equipment and cable, can we call you: super_fly"!
eek.gif
[/QUOTE]

lol i wonder which mod edited that..sounds pretty fly though! btw craig do reply my email when you can.=)

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #192 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do want to get rid of hiss I recommend a 33 ohm resistance adapter for the jh-13's I don't know if Craig has that in stock but I know he can make resistance adapters

I tried the 36 Ohm and it does get rid of the hiss but there is slight bass roll off and veiled a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back