Turntable suggestions wanted
Mar 1, 2003 at 9:57 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

I talked with one of the guys at MD a few hours ago and he said the easiest tables to set-up are the Pro-jects.

Okay... then what am I doing wrong?

I bought a Perspective and carefully(yes, very carefully) mounted a new Sumiko BPS on it and then according to the manual set it up...

BUT, I could not get the anti-skating weight to not overpower the arm and cart with the tracking wt set at the recommended setting. Is the standard AS weight too heavy for the BPS??? And, yes, I have tried it on all three notches on the arm's AS extension.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Mar 1, 2003 at 6:21 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by merc
Okay... then what am I doing wrong?

I bought a Perspective and carefully(yes, very carefully) mounted a new Sumiko BPS on it and then according to the manual set it up...

BUT, I could not get the anti-skating weight to not overpower the arm and cart with the tracking wt set at the recommended setting. Is the standard AS weight too heavy for the BPS??? And, yes, I have tried it on all three notches on the arm's AS extension.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Don't worry about anti-skating.If the weight is causing the arm to wander then there is no need for antiskating.Just make sure you have the correct tracking force.I promise you would hear no audible difference,if you were actually able to adjust the anti-skating.This "problem" is common with some of the lighter cartridges when used on the Project/Musichall arms.If the instructions were better detailed they would explain this.

Mar 3, 2003 at 1:40 PM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
One of the most frustrating things I encounter are the owners of Rega tables who have become accustomed to the "Rega Sound" and think there is something wrong with every other analog rig around.I had a guy at my house who insisted that one of my tables was running slow.We checked it with a stobe and laser and it was dead-on,we checked his P-9 and it was running 2% fast.

My secret is out! For the last year and a half I've been counting on that additional 2% fast from my Planar 25 in addition to a quart of strong dark roast coffee and my "magnetic energizing" mattress pad just to get SWMBO and me going in the morning (NOTE: don't go there!
very_evil_smiley.gif
). Now you have to go and tell everybody, you rat!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back