Turn Your Detachable Cable Headphones into HiFi Bluetooth Headphones---FiiO BTC-MMCX
Aug 17, 2016 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
We are now developing a MMCX Bluetooth headphone cable with a MMCX connector. In a word, any standard mmcx headphone with detachable cable can easily switch to Bluetooth headphone with this replacement cable. And more importantly, it is designed for iPhone 7. We’ve received many questions and suggestions from users recently, so i think it’s necessary to explain it as below.

Question 1: Why is this Bluetooth cable not as slim as the one from other brands like Westone?

clip_image002.jpg

Re: The small size products on the market use the single-chip solution with low power consumption and small PCB, so it can be made into smaller size. However, this kind of design is far from good sound quality since the performance of CSR single chip cannot meet our requirement.

Question 2: How about the battery life, and any specification?
Re: Since it is still under designing stage, many parameters are uncertain. But the battery life is aimed to last at least 6 hours, and the audio performance will be leading in the industry. (Discrete DAC is definitely much better than CSR single chip)

Question 3: What headphone is it compatible with?
The Bluetooth cable utilizes MMCX connector in consideration that MMCX is the most common connector for detachable cable headphones including FiiO’s future models. So any detachable cable headphones with standard MMCX can turn into convenient Bluetooth headphone.

Question 4: When to launch? What is the price?
At the end of this year, the process is slow as usual. It would be faster if purchasing project from others or not pursing design and quality, which derogate from our’s principle. We have to do all things by ourselves.
As for the price, it’s going to be cost-effective as always. 

Question 5:  Why it is pendant-shaped?
Re: We’ve studied lots of shapes and types and purchased lots of existing Bluetooth cables for experience. The result turns out that pedant may be the most appropriate form to wear. Just believe in us that we are professional.

Question 6: How to make sound qualified with Bluetooth?
Re: Firstly, this cable supports APTX that is better than common Bluetooth headphones relatively.
Secondly, this Bluetooth cable utilizes a discrete Bluetooth chip to receive signal and a discrete HiFi DAC chip for decoding. In this way, the sound will present with lower distortion, higher SNR and larger dynamic range than 99.9% of the Bluetooth headsets at present using single chip solution. Especially the background noise of these headphone cables is relatively obvious when connecting some headphones of high sensitivity.

FiiO has about 10 years of experiences in portable audio products. We are better in understanding the needs of users. So technically, this will be a real Bluetooth receiver cable for audiophiles.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 20, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 46
OK, I'll admit that this looks neat. 

As someone who has used your products in the past, and found them surprisingly good bang for buck, and who owns a pair of SE215, I must admit that it piques my interest..

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 46
Make it longer battery life. I've found 8h (Sony sbh50) to be the minimum and other products doing 6h or less to be annoying, regularly running out. 12h would be nice

Aug 21, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 46
  Question 3: What headphone is it compatible with?
The Bluetooth cable utilizes MMCX connector in consideration that MMCX is the most common connector for detachable cable headphones including FiiO’s future models. So any detachable cable headphones with standard MMCX can turn into convenient Bluetooth headphone.

I don't think so.
Most (Custom) IEMs have a 2-Pin Connector (recessed or flat)

Do you plan to offer this Connector too or to we all have to get something like this: http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Eidolic-2-pin-iem-ciem-noble-jh-us-noble-heir-1964-ears-78-mm?manufacturer_id=13
(hope the cable from mic to connector is long enough to be worn behind the ear)

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 46
Interesting, as I was considering getting the Westone cable and an IEM from Westone or Shure. Now I think i'll wait.

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 46
I would get this but all my IEMs use the 2 pin connector. 

So my vote for a 2 pin version and mmcx.

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 46
I'd like to echo the sentiments for more battery life if possible.

In terms of shape, I'd personally like to see something like the SBH80:

This shape feels very natural to wear behind the neck, just lying on the back of the neck without applying any downward pressure on the earphones, as opposed to having something hanging in front and dragging the earphones down like your current pendant design would.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 46
Comparisons to Westone, Sony and Trinity cables?

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 46
I've seen some not so stellar feedback regarding the Westone on reddit. I'm keen on hearing feedback from the Sony bluetooth solution.

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #15 of 46
Looks like a great product with a huge market, especially if it is priced lower than the Westone Cable, and it probably will. The pendant design is questionable though, but everyone has different tastes I guess. If I were to buy this I'd probably want to keep that thing in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back