Turn to page 5 of your HD800 owner's manual (all silver frame HD800)
Jul 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 21
Could you scan a picture, please? I do want to see.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 21
I'm at work by a scanner but don't have the brochure with me. Sorry
frown.gif
Maybe someone else can. I made the OP from my home earlier.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 21
No problem, I'm sure someone will.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 21
IpodPJ,

i don't think this is an all-silver edition. In my opinion it is just the lighting conditions which make it partially seem like one.
Do you relate to the same page i think you do? On my page 5 there is an explanation of the used material mix (headband, cable, pads and the dust protector.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 21
That's the HD800 Jubilee edition!
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you see? That's right! It's an all silver frame HD800. So where did it go? Why did they decide not to make it? It looks much cleaner than the black and silver HD800 we all have, imo.

Opinions?

I don't see any page numbers so I'm not sure if I have the right page. If I count the inside front cover as page 1, then the photo of the HD800 on page 5 (the page on the left) is not all silver. It's exactly like the one I have, black framework within an outer silver frame.

The image on the right, the facing page, is a line drawing.

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see any page numbers so I'm not sure if I have the right page. If I count the inside front cover as page 1, then the photo of the HD800 on page 5 (the page on the left) is not all silver. It's exactly like the one I have, black framework within an outer silver frame.

The image on the right, the facing page, is a line drawing.

I want one that looks like the line drawing. What happened?
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by k3oxkjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want one that looks like the line drawing. What happened?
wink.gif

You would! To go with the schematic that's your head!
beerchug.gif

Nah. That one's reserved for God. Or Jude.

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #11 of 21
If you count the inside of the front cover as page 1, then on page 5 it's there. The background of the whole page is silver ink. In white letters in German on the page it says "Ein Materialmix feiert Premiere"

This really isn't hard to find. It's the only picture with a silver framed HD800. If for some reason that isn't silver and it's really black, the lights must have been shining SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bright to wash the whole thing out. Either way, it looks very nice in all silver like that and they should have made them that way.
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you count the inside of the front cover as page 1, then on page 5 it's there. The background of the whole page is silver ink. In white letters in German on the page it says "Ein Materialmix feiert Premiere"

This really isn't hard to find. It's the only picture with a silver framed HD800. If for some reason that isn't silver and it's really black, the lights must have been shining SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bright to wash the whole thing out. Either way, it looks very nice in all silver like that and they should have made them that way.
wink.gif

Actually it's *not* the only picture - it's there again on the page which shows the frequency response graph (but smaller here).

To be honest, it looks like a picture of an early test/concept model of the headphones.

Be aware that the Owners Manual would have been prepared before the headphones were put into production, probably when there were only test and measurement samples around to be photographed.

Jul 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black paint is cheaper than silver.

completely agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back