Turbine Pro Gold vs Klipsch x10
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jacobap100

100+ Head-Fier
It has come down to these two.Which one should I get??

I listen to all rap and hip-hop so I love bass and would also like good isolation because I ride the buss as lot.

I love my klipsch s4i so I know all about the comfort of the klipsch.

I am leaning to the MTPG but I dont know.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 16
I went from X10 (stolen) -> S4i -> MTPG. I have no plan on going back to the X10. You have to work harder to get the MTPG to fit properly (in my case at least). I changed the tips to Sony Hybrids, and this has given me better results than any of the Monsters tips. Once a proper fit is achieved, I personally think the MTPG sounds better than the X10, even more so considering your choice of music. Both are much better than the S4i. I am not sure I would walk / take the bus with the MTPG though, but YMMV regarding fit. X10 are fragile at the strain relief, and MTPG has a very good warranty (some have reported bad workmanship issue, nothing so far in my case).

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 16
I had the MTPG and have the x10. I was surprised with how low the bass gets with the x10 for just one micro BA driver. Based from distant memory (sold the MTPG a while ago) I would go with the x10. I got more of a wow factor when listening to the x10 than the MTPG. The x10's with the newer packing use different material for the strain reliefs which are less prone to splitting.

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 16
That's just the way she goes sometimes...

To the OP, buy both of them from an authorized dealer who accepts returns and keep the one you like the most. Be very cautious with the MTPG as there are many fakes out there. I haven't heard of any fake x10's. Is there any place near you where you can audition any of them?

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
That's just the way she goes sometimes...

To the OP, buy both of them from an authorized dealer who accepts returns and keep the one you like the most. Be very cautious with the MTPG as there are many fakes out there. I haven't heard of any fake x10's. Is there any place near you where you can audition any of them?

I doubt the OP will have a chance to audition both locally, anywho, onecall.com has the best price of the mptg ($170) if you call asking for the best price, but they won't accept returns (at least without a penalty) if they aren't brand new and sealed or defective in my memory

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 16
Whenever I had this quandary of choosing one iem over another, I always ended up buying both. If I just bought the one, I would have lingering feelings of "what if I liked the other iem better?", which would just be psychological torture.

The question is how much would the OP be penalized? Would the OP recoup more money from returning or selling them?

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #13 of 16
just read the return policy from onecall again, apparently you can return it even if it is opened as long as it is like new

my fault

james

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #14 of 16
Try Panasonic HJE-900. I went HJE -> MTPG -> HJE. To me HJE have more exciting sound, deeper soundstage, better defined bass and more spark in highs (sometimes too much). I found also HJE are easier to find a good fit, are lighter and smaller and unlike MTPG don't stick out of ears like huge gold teeth, he he. Build is on par with MTPG but with much less pack-ins. Major downsides are sibilance on some recordings, sometimes recessed mids and a short cable.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
Try Panasonic HJE-900. I went HJE -> MTPG -> HJE. To me HJE have more exciting sound, deeper soundstage, better defined bass and more spark in highs (sometimes too much). I found also HJE are easier to find a good fit, are lighter and smaller and unlike MTPG don't stick out of ears like huge gold teeth, he he. Build is on par with MTPG but with much less pack-ins. Major downsides are sibilance on some recordings, sometimes recessed mids and a short cable.

HJE-900's are awfully hard to find right now in the states, unless you want to pay a slight premium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back