TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 17, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #617 of 1,206
Hahaaaa. They just made it more fun lol...
Also to my personal preferences. Comply T500 tips are just too awesome for these little gems.

I'm using Sony Hybrid EPEX10A Large Tips and really enjoying these little gems (sorry to steal your phrase Whitigir but it's quite apt.) The soundstage is close as twister6 notes which creates a fun sense of immediacy, and I find the instrument separation and tonal balance very pleasing. Listening to Bach on piano the mid-bass counterpoint is clean and there is no bleed into the mid's and high's where the main right hand melody is sweetly singing. This clean separation seems consistent with the dynamic driver handling lows and BA's the remainder. A reggae track (Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldier") revealed very tuneful bass, if not of abundant quality. Overall, I find these are especially a joy with instrumental classical music but I also had an "Aha" moment with some favorites female vocals, thought they'd come into my home and were singing sweetly into my ear (glad it wasn't so, my wife wouldn't approve.) So far the only negative is that with very complex music, the T2's get a tiny bit congested and don't resolve as well as the higher price A83's, and they also lack that last bit of treble extension and "sparkle" of the A83's. That said, they are very enjoyable, non-fatiguing and IMHO worth every penny and more. I got mine from Amazon and with free or $4 expedited shipping, cost is really not much different than massdrop. Very satisfied!

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #618 of 1,206
I'm glad we're getting more feedback with different perspective views on T2.  Like I said, take my review with a grain of salt because a) we hear things differently, b) i get a chance to review a lot of IEMs and have a different reference bar for comparison.  Like, right now I'm listening to DUNU Titan 1, a titanium coated diaphragm single 13mm driver with a hybrid earbud/nozzle design and INSANE 3D airy soundstage (that sounds like semi-open cans) and nearly analytical sound sig with a quality bass extension, and it's exactly how a 3-way hybrid IEMs should sound imho 
wink.gif
  But just ignore that last comment, and carry on
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #619 of 1,206
  I'm glad we're getting more feedback with different perspective views on T2.  Like I said, take my review with a grain of salt because a) we hear things differently, b) i get a chance to review a lot of IEMs and have a different reference bar for comparison.  Like, right now I'm listening to DUNU Titan 1, a titanium coated diaphragm single 13mm driver with a hybrid earbud/nozzle design and INSANE 3D airy soundstage (that sounds like semi-open cans) and nearly analytical sound sig with a quality bass extension, and it's exactly how a 3-way hybrid IEMs should sound imho 
wink.gif
tongue.gif

And I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore, thanks. I read the review on these.

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #620 of 1,206
wink.gif
tongue.gif

You sir are evil lol 

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #622 of 1,206
I am very interested in these iems, do they sound good with EDM? I like a sound signature thats kinda like the Sennheiser Momentum over ear, warm, clear vocals, nice treble and enough bass to satisfy :) What I also like is if they can handle bass EQ without distortion but still high hopes for the T2 as for I really do like how they look

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #623 of 1,206
Would like to ask if how can i order express shipping from penon audio or is there a express shipping choice for the TTPOD T2s. Btw are the TTPOD T2s hard to drive? I'm using iPhone 4s and FiiO X1 as my DAP no amp.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #624 of 1,206
If you're in the USA they're on Amazon with prime shipping.
edit ' nm you're in Malaysia
Would like to ask if how can i order express shipping from penon audio or is there a express shipping choice for the TTPOD T2s. Btw are the TTPOD T2s hard to drive? I'm using iPhone 4s and FiiO X1 as my DAP no amp.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #625 of 1,206
I am def returning it to amazon. My first feeling was correct according to twister review. The biggest down fall of the T2 is being wrongly designed inside the housing. The dynamic driver is too reccessed in the housing, and too far from the ear to call In Ears. This greatly reduces the low frequencies, rumbles, extensions, and attack.

They need a major re-design...or like i said, bunch another BA drive for low frequencies, and call it. Charge around the same price.

You sure do know about IEM design.
cool.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #626 of 1,206
Had a dream about T2 pro, thicker cable, weird thing was that both the earpieces were Gray but drivers were red and blue!! Bigger in size too.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #627 of 1,206
  Had a dream about T2 pro, thicker cable, weird thing was that both the earpieces were Gray but drivers were red and blue!! Bigger in size too.

I have dreams about IEM's (and other tech items) too 
redface.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #629 of 1,206
Lol what would a wife think of this

hahahah.... there should be a separate thread on how to handle head-fier's wife. It should include guidelines on how to convince your wife about your new purchase, which is total 'waste of money' from her aspect. Or maybe how to find listening time windows for some quality time with your gear.

I'm single still but can imagine the horrors an audiophile faces after marriage, lol..

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #630 of 1,206
Okay, I need someone with a higher end pair and knowledges of music notes to help me here.

In this song, and some similar songs like it, there is this bass, and it bothers me a lot with my T2 where as it doesn't with my other dynamics headphones. Is this the thing of hybrid only ? Or why it is bother me ? And what is this bass note at 28 seconds to 35

Disclaimer....Vietnamese music....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSUu-5CcNU

Here the bass went deep a lot of extensions, the mid bass is really fast and comes off from another notes it sounds robotic. I have no problem listening to it with my dynamic headphones. But on the T2 it sounds so wrong....like not continuous or a secondary extension of the big bass, and this is how I hear it on dynamic headphones, continuous and extended.

What am I hearing here with the T2 ? Probably the transitional seperation of mid range BA and Dynamic subwoofer translated it this way ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back