TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #226 of 1,206
Don't remember off the top of my head but believe it is like HK post or something along those lines. Even if you didn't make an account penon has more than a few times forgot to add my tracking number to my order pages lol. You can shoot them an email, they always promptly responded to mine pretty quickly minus weekend emails. Personally for me it has ranged from taking a week to ten days for my packages to come from penon which is pretty fine in my book.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #228 of 1,206
  Just to give you guys a simple outline
1. T2 is not good at bass. The bass sounds very weak. It feels like that bass is far away. 
2. The resolution is quite good, but the sound is kind of "thin."
3. The vocal and high are in the same level as TF10.
4. Many people suggest that T2 needs an amp to realize its full potential.  

In addition:
T2 PRO is also coming, PRO version has improved unit for high. (Same unit in AKG K3003)
according to their headphone engineer, T2 pro is more suitable with iPhone.  
My impression is based on an engineering sample. 300 headphones in the first batch are all ES, but they come with life time warranty. 

Update:
After 30 hours of use, the bass improved a bit. 

Justinzanyo: Thaks for this preview and your initial thoughts.Can you comment on fit / seal / isolation? I am considering these for active use and if the fit is fiddly (the one downside to my Fidue A83's) or the IEM doesn't stay reasonably secure and with decent isolation while exercising, I may need to scale back my excitement.

Thanks.

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #230 of 1,206
Based on the Chinese reviews on TaoBao, people are saying:

- Bass is not for bassheads
- Highs quite bright
- After 24 hours of burn-in, no audible difference
- 50 hours burn-in to hear differences
- Better than AKG K450
- Definitely an upgrade from T1 series

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #232 of 1,206
  Awesome! Just got got an email from penon, my T2 have shipped~

Only a few hours after my VSD5 shipped, good stuff.

Dang, my T2 has yet to be shipped... but VSD5 are in my ears this very moment. 
etysmile.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #236 of 1,206
  Well no one here have then yet? Where`s @twister6 ? 
rolleyes.gif

Don't have it yet.  Penon sent it out to me yesterday, so probably won't have it until early next week.  I'm sure, we might get more people chiming in with their impressions soon, gotta be more people from China who already got it?

I'm getting a pile of review stuff in the next week, but will make it my priority to look at T2 asap!

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #237 of 1,206

Don't have it yet.  Penon sent it out to me yesterday, so probably won't have it until early next week.  I'm sure, we might get more people chiming in with their impressions soon, gotta be more people from China who already got it?

I'm getting a pile of review stuff in the next week, but will make it my priority to look at T2 asap!

count me in. i have ordered one. lets see how long it will take to reach. i hope it can out do the re-400 in SQ, which will be an awesome achievement.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #238 of 1,206

count me in. i have ordered one. lets see how long it will take to reach. i hope it can out do the re-400 in SQ, which will be an awesome achievement.

Funny thing is from reading some of the impressions it seems the T2 might be rather bass light so the Re400 might have more bass than the T2 :p  Now wouldn't that be interesting lol

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #239 of 1,206
  Based on the Chinese reviews on TaoBao, people are saying:

- Bass is not for bassheads
- Highs quite bright
- After 24 hours of burn-in, no audible difference
- 50 hours burn-in to hear differences
- Better than AKG K450
- Definitely an upgrade from T1 series

That's right... bass is for waynes world, and hopefully the T2 has some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back