TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jul 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #1,186 of 1,206
I'm okay with them aiming higher. Worse that could happen is something that it doesn't reach those heights, but would you realistically expect it to at the price? The only issue with actually telling people that is it can easily turn negative with people saying "it doesn't sound like that at all" even if the IEM does sound good by its own merits.

That would be unrealistic to have the sound signature of k3003 with less than 100$ lol....which is what ? Less than 9-10x the price ? Hahah

What I am expecting is actually the same value as T2 with more sub bass textures and energy.

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,187 of 1,206
That would be unrealistic to have the sound signature of k3003 with less than 100$ lol....which is what ? Less than 9-10x the price ? Hahah

What I am expecting is actually the same value as T2 with more sub bass textures and energy.

You could cheat and say it has a similar sound sig with nowhere near the refinement and resolution lol. So in other words, not the same sound at all
tongue.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,188 of 1,206

Not looked into the E version much to be honest but just checked that link and saw a revised crossover layout on that board (removed a resistor and put in additional cap), may be responsible in part for the unexpected signature? just thought I would point it out as playing around with the board in the original version changed the sound a lot for me.

.SoSoS.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,189 of 1,206

Not looked into the E version much to be honest but just checked that link and saw a revised crossover layout on that board (removed a resistor and put in additional cap), may be responsible in part for the unexpected signature? just thought I would point it out as playing around with the board in the original version changed the sound a lot for me.

.SoSoS.

Thank you for taking a look here. That is awesome, and yes, that was something I wish I could have done to the T2. Then the E version would be different. Great !

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #1,190 of 1,206
Now, I am actually confused. All of the T2 from Aliexpress is showing with the revised cross-over......where as when I checked my original T2, it really showed 3 resistors and 1 cap ? What the heck ? I had tried to contact the one seller that list these on Amazon , Aliexpress, and eBay to give more information, but she doesn't even have a clue. Is there any reputable place that I can contact TTPOD at ?

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #1,191 of 1,206
Now, I am actually confused. All of the T2 from Aliexpress is showing with the revised cross-over......where as when I checked my original T2, it really showed 3 resistors and 1 cap ? What the heck ? I had tried to contact the one seller that list these on Amazon , Aliexpress, and eBay to give more information, but she doesn't even have a clue. Is there any reputable place that I can contact TTPOD at ?

Do you think the folks over at Penon Audio would know any more? Aliexpress and Amazon are large chains supporting multiple sellers across many product ranges. Penon specializes in selling Chinese-made and designed earphones so maybe they know more.

Jul 24, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #1,192 of 1,206
So my T2-e has arrived. The package is still similar to T2 with similar accessories, except the box is a black box, the cables are darker silver. It looks dark metallic to me. First look through the crossover everything look the same with R1-R2-R3 and C1. So it is the same as T2 board and not exactly anything changed. It is released in 2 colors now, Black or Gray.

The cavity has only one vent out at the woofer dynamic now, instead of two vents out as the T2. It is short of the vent on the side.

Everything pretty much remained the same and similar to T2.

Out of the box with 2 hours idle burn-in, I didn't expect anything much out of these as happened with T2. But I do hear some changed compares to T2

What changes ? Let me burn it in more. But as what I am hearing now. Can I tell you that I love it ? Freaking love it. If anyone want to buy my ATH IM-04, please let me know....lol.

Can't believe this freaking thing cost sub 100$ god damn !

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,193 of 1,206
So my T2-e has arrived. The package is still similar to T2 with similar accessories, except the box is a black box, the cables are darker silver. It looks dark metallic to me. First look through the crossover everything look the same with R1-R2-R3 and C1. So it is the same as T2 board and not exactly anything changed. It is released in 2 colors now, Black or Gray.

The cavity has only one vent out at the woofer dynamic now, instead of two vents out as the T2. It is short of the vent on the side.

Everything pretty much remained the same and similar to T2.

Out of the box with 2 hours idle burn-in, I didn't expect anything much out of these as happened with T2. But I do hear some changed compares to T2

What changes ? Let me burn it in more. But as what I am hearing now. Can I tell you that I love it ? Freaking love it. If anyone want to buy my ATH IM-04, please let me know....lol.

Can't believe this freaking thing cost sub 100$ god damn !

Lol, I would, but I've got too many as it is haha.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #1,194 of 1,206
Really

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,195 of 1,206
I ended up purchasing these last week and played 2 gigs with them. They're very congested and honestly there's not much clarity. They were good enough though and I thoroughly enjoyed the looks of them, and I was going to go ahead and keep them until the left ear magically decided to separate in half... AFTER 3 DAYS.

So back they go. I wanted to like these and keep them, but I need ears that are going to last more than a week's worth of gigging.

I ordered a set of Vsonic VSD5's instead. I will let you know how these compare as I've been told they're very clear, and detail-oriented which is what I'm looking for in a monitor.

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #1,196 of 1,206
I ended up purchasing these last week and played 2 gigs with them. They're very congested and honestly there's not much clarity. They were good enough though and I thoroughly enjoyed the looks of them, and I was going to go ahead and keep them until the left ear magically decided to separate in half... AFTER 3 DAYS.

So back they go. I wanted to like these and keep them, but I need ears that are going to last more than a week's worth of gigging.

I ordered a set of Vsonic VSD5's instead. I will let you know how these compare as I've been told they're very clear, and detail-oriented which is what I'm looking for in a monitor.
Have you tried the MEE M6 Pro? I like them a lot and the lifetime warranty can't be beat.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #1,198 of 1,206
Talk about fast shipping! Received these in one day from Amazon.

Currently listening. Compared to the T2's, there is so much more clarity! Separation is better and there is no congestion or muddiness. Soundstage is fairly large! Isolation is awesome too. And they're more comfortable. Surprising that a single BA sounds better than a triple driver hybrid.

I'm genuinely blown away. And I am NOT a Vsonic fanboy or anything. The T2's have NOTHING on these. So glad that my TTPOD's broke, otherwise I would've kept them!

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,199 of 1,206
  Talk about fast shipping! Received these in one day from Amazon.

Currently listening. Compared to the T2's, there is so much more clarity! Separation is better and there is no congestion or muddiness. Soundstage is fairly large! Isolation is awesome too. And they're more comfortable. Surprising that a single BA sounds better than a triple driver hybrid.

I'm genuinely blown away. And I am NOT a Vsonic fanboy or anything. The T2's have NOTHING on these. So glad that my TTPOD's broke, otherwise I would've kept them!

Wow, one day? Nice! Good to hear you're liking them. I might try those out myself one day; 50/50 chance, I'm curious at the sound quality, but I'm really disapproving of the build quality. But to be clear, the VSD5 DOES NOT use a BA unit. I believe it's is a single dynamic driver. The TTPOD T2 had a good shot at being a fantastic bargain, but it sounds like they just didn't get the tuning right, which is all the more disappointing when we point out the fact that it has 2 BAs and a dynamic driver. A triple hybrid done right would have been a nuke on the map at $100. Too bad. I'm sure TTPOD is trying to learn from their mistakes as we speak though, just might take them a bit.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,200 of 1,206
Wow, one day? Nice! Good to hear you're liking them. I might try those out myself one day; 50/50 chance, I'm curious at the sound quality, but I'm really disapproving of the build quality. But to be clear, the VSD5 DOES NOT use a BA unit. I believe it's is a single dynamic driver. The TTPOD T2 had a good shot at being a fantastic bargain, but it sounds like they just didn't get the tuning right, which is all the more disappointing when we point out the fact that it has 2 BAs and a dynamic driver. A triple hybrid done right would have been a nuke on the map at $100. Too bad. I'm sure TTPOD is trying to learn from their mistakes as we speak though, just might take them a bit.

Sorry, totally meant to type single Dynamic driver, my brain saw BA as driver lol.

I am all for TTPod redesigning it and fixing the issues. If they do, I'll be the first one in line. And hopefully they'll fix the QC issues, since mine broke in 3 days.

Until then, these vsonics are my go to monitors for gigging. Perfect replacements for my SE215's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back